Are these Lumapower the same

Gunner12

Flashaholic
How about the whole set for $1 more. There would only be one mode though.

I think the main difference is that there is no warranty with the DX MRV.

Have you looked at the new throw king, the Dereelight DBS?

:welcome:

Last edited:

nMotion96

Newly Enlightened
How about the whole set for $1 more. There would only be one mode though.

I think the main difference is that there is no warranty with the DX MRV.

Have you looked at the new throw king, the Dereelight DBS?

:welcome:

I'm not worry about the warranty but for $1 more i'm prolly going with that. Nope i haven't looked at the DBS. I been looking at the tiablo or the mrv. I have been looking for a light that has alot of throw. So you recommend the DBS for max throw over the tiablo and mrv?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
No, I'd recommend a Aspheric LED mod over both of them but if you are just looking at stock lights, the Dereelight DBS would be the best. The Dereelight is also very easy to upgrade so you don't have to keep buying a whole new light.

nMotion96

Newly Enlightened
No, I'd recommend a Aspheric LED mod over both of them but if you are just looking at stock lights, the Dereelight DBS would be the best. The Dereelight is also very easy to upgrade so you don't have to keep buying a whole new light.

I'm thinking of going with the dereelight now since you can upgrade it when new stuff comes out. But there are no black as of right now. The aspheric led mod are the ones done to the mag lights right. My dad has a 2d and 3d i could use. How much does those run to mod?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
An aspheric mod can be done to any light that will for an aspheric lens.

I think as of right now, the aspheric lens that are used are out of stock or pricier then they used to be.

The cheapest would be to get a heatsink, a resistor, a fitting aspheric lens and a Cree LED for the 3D maglite. The LED and the aspheirc lens is a set price but the regulators, heatsinks, batteries are all different costs.

j3bnl

Enlightened
You could always go for this more powerful MRV the SE (special edition) version with an extra 40 lumens.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/specialedition-mrv.html

I have one and I am very impressed with the lights build and power. Would agree that an Aspherical M*g will out-throw it (I have 2 different ones) but it is still a great light for the money.
It comes with both reflector types smooth and orange peel, spare "o" rings and tactical (twist) switch and clicky switch option.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Yes, the MRV SE is good but the Dereelight DBS still out throws it due to it's deeper and larger reflector.