Black Friday Specials!

hoffner5

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if this thread has been started yet or not. But I just saw the Lowe's ad for Black Friday and, as they have done in the past, their 2D, 3D, and 4D M*glites are all $9.97.

If anyone knows any other relevant deals, feel free to post them here!

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the Friday after Thanksgiving in America. It's considered to be the first day of the Christmas shopping season...although it seems to be getting earlier and earlier each year.

Schmenge

Newly Enlightened
Black Friday has traditionally been the day after Thanksgiving, which is the kick-off to the Christmas shopping season (though some stores, like Walmart, are starting earlier this year). It's called Black Friday because these sales can account for as much as half of the store's income, and hopefully, put the year's revenues in the black.

Enlightened
Black Friday has traditionally been the day after Thanksgiving, which is the kick-off to the Christmas shopping season (though some stores, like Walmart, are starting earlier this year). It's called Black Friday because these sales can account for as much as half of the store's income, and hopefully, put the year's revenues in the black.

And most stores typically have some major sales, often doorbusters that are only available friday morning and in limited quantities. Most of these stores will have lines waiting outside. Believe me, i've waited in more than a few of them.

h_nu

Enlightened
Last year the Mag 3D and 4D sold out quickly. I took the Lowe's ad across the street to Wal-Mart and they price matched. They called Lowe's to confirm the sale even though I had the copy of the ad. I have an EverLED in it now for emergency lighting.

Look for this thread in Good Deals in the Marketplace forum. I expect a moderator will move it since it belongs there.

scottaw

Enlightened
Last year my lowe's had literally thousands of mags, i bought 3 2D's just to thwo in the cars and around the house. Even on saturday they had all models and colors still at$10

Last year they had several pallets full at my local store. The colors were red, silver, blue, and black. They still had a load left over the following week. I would like to see some greens ones this year.

Hoffner5, where did you see the ad?

jwl

Enlightened
Look for this thread in Good Deals in the Marketplace forum. I expect a moderator will move it since it belongs there.

Somebody should start a new thread in the Good Deals section of the Marketplace since threads CANNOT be moved from CPF to the Marketplace. According to moderator posts in the past.

swampgator

Enlightened
I think I bought six last year. 3 2Ds and 3 3Ds. So I'm pretty well set for D lights. Now if Lowes carried C lights, well then I'd be going shopping!

topcat39

Newly Enlightened
Last year Lowes had the same sale here in San Antonio. About noon, the 3 stores closest to me were sold out :poof:. I found some at another store across town :twothumbs ! A word to the wise, don't assume there will be lots of MagLites or any other sale item available :caution: !
Cheers

Marduke

Flashaholic
Last year Lowes had the same sale here in San Antonio. About noon, the 3 stores closest to me were sold out :poof:. I found some at another store across town :twothumbs ! A word to the wise, don't assume there will be lots of MagLites or any other sale item available :caution: !
Cheers

I'm going to see if Walmart will do a comp price match on the ad this week :devil:

Good thing there isn't a date on that page...

paulr

Flashaholic

Heeheehee that's terrible. I'd never heard that explanation before but it's probably true :D. The usual explanation is that Thanksgiving (the last Thursday in November) is a big US holiday where you're supposed to eat an enormous turkey dinner and maybe drink a lot. Since it's a holiday, most people get the day off of work, and since it's at the end of the week, they usually also get Friday off. But on Friday there is a lot of leftover turkey, maybe your friends who came to the Thursday dinner have stayed overnight, etc., so you keep on eating and relaxing. That means nobody is at work and everyone is at home and (in the past) it was a slow day for business ("black friday"). Now of course it's a huge shopping day, because of all this marketing crap building it up. I think I'm going to purposely avoid buying anything on Black Friday since I do all my xmas shopping at the last minute anyway. In the days after xmas there is usually what's called a "white sale" (after "white Christmas", an xmas where it is snowing) where they mark down the prices of stuff they didn't sell in time for xmas. There will probably more good deals when that comes :).

Heh, actually I should have looked on wikipedia first thing, it's a bit different from the above and probably more accurate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping)

Bror Jace

Enlightened
It's gonna take a lot more than $10 Maglites with Kryptdud bulbs to get me to fight it out with the rest of the animals on that wretched day.

I use that day to go into work and get caught up on the nightmare that is my job.