• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Maglite - 2C, Pewter, New

Drewfus2101

Enlightened
So I was in my local Home Depot the other day, and noticed that they have dozens of Pewter 2C Mags in stock for $15. No other color but black. And while looking online for other colors, I noticed that you can not get any other colors anywhere.

So does anyone need any of these lights? I could go get as many as are needed and send them out for a very small fee. I know how hard it can be to find certain color/size Mags.

I'm very excited to start modding the one I picked up.

-------------------------
UPDATE:

So I'm still got 3 unaccounted for.

International: $45 shipped per light
Domestic: $30 shipped per light

Buying multiples saves a little on shipping.

Last edited:

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
I've never posted anything to Australia.
- What kind of service do you guys usually receive products from USA in? (USPS, UPS, etc?)

-Do you know what the cheapest way to do this would be?

looks like first class usps would be $20-30 for a 2-3lb box. Please post it if you know a better way.

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened
I've only ever bought small items from the US so I'm not too sure on the best method to post Maglites. It's frustrating that the USPS increased their rates though.

If we Brisbane CPFers get combined shipping, it will still be cheaper than buying a Mag in Australia.

Jenova

Enlightened
would the brisbane people be interested in splitting post to aus then me paying to get it to perth ??

Drewfus2101

Enlightened
Do you guys want them in their original plastic case? Removing them would make shipping alot easier. Without the case, they could be bubble wrapped and boxed in much smaller boxes.

Also, would it be best to just ship one large shipment to one member in Australia? And then let him/her distribute from there?

katsyonak

Enlightened
I don't care about the plastic case if it's easier/cheaper to ship without it.
Don't live in Australia so I can't answer your second question :)

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Drewfus2101 - You've openned a can of worms here!

Here in the UK a std 2C maglite will sell for £20 ($40 ish) minimum. I understand the prices down under are also high. In fact anywhere outside of the US they go for a lot more money. So if you can ship for a reasonable amount you should be able to shift a few over the water.

Many thanks.

qarawol

Enlightened
The USPS has International Flat Rate Envelopes that the 2C should fit in with some bubble wrap. Four Pounds max for $11.00 USD to most locations.

OR...

$37.00 for a Flat Rate 11" x 8.5" x 5.5" box and up to 20 pounds max. Pack them in for a group ship.

Just a thought.

Njoy...

Last edited:

Drewfus2101

Enlightened
I went ahead and bought 9 of these lights tonight. I also bought some of the padded envelopes and bubble wrap. I'm going to wrap one and take it to USPS tomorrow and try to get some shipping quotes. I can get about 10 more if needed.

So if some of you guys who are interested will give me your addresses, I can get the shipping amounts.

The lights cost me $17, so I'm rounding to $25 plus shipping. What do you guys think? Of course they will be well wrapped. I may even put something more solid over the lens just to be safe. But I'm not worried about them breaking.

The USPS website said it should be around $17 shipping to Israel for a padded envelope at 2 lbs. The same one to Australia would be around $16. Both of these are they're cheapest options. Combining lights into one box would be cheaper (per person). Speak up if you want to combine shipping Australia guys.

I guessed at the 2 lb figure. I guess I'll find out tomorrow at the post office.

KrisP

Enlightened
If UnderTheWeepingMoon is happy to distribute the lights to us Aussie members, then i'm happy for it to be done via him. Let us know the cost of them grouped into a box and i'll transfer money ASAP :)

Jenova

Enlightened
If UnderTheWeepingMoon is happy to distribute the lights to us Aussie members, then i'm happy for it to be done via him. Let us know the cost of them grouped into a box and i'll transfer money ASAP :)

Same here ;)