Anyone have a Surefire C2 w/Turbohead ?

jeb65

Newly Enlightened
Im thinking of getting the turbo head for my C2 for more throw. Does anyone have this setup and could tell me how it performs. Thanks

Size15's

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Yes the KT1 TurboHead Kit for the C2 (6P/G2 etc) increases the intensity of the beam making an obvious difference.
But,
the N1 lamp has the same output as the P60 lamp used by the C2. As a result the beam is weak because although the beam allows light to be concentrated on targets further away, there's not really enough light to do this with.

It is my experience that 100 lumens (SureFire rating) is really the minimium to make the TurboHeads useful.

I would purchase a whole M3T but if you want to convert your C2 into a three-SF123A TurboHead model you'll need an A19 adapter to hold the third SF123A, and the KT2 kit.
If the KT2 kit is hard to come by you can get a KT1 and an MN15 lamp.
Note that the A19 only comes in Black, and that the KT TurboHead Kits come in Black (-BK) or natural Hard Anodised (-HA) so be careful when ordering to ensure you get the right ones.

Here's a C2-BK and KT1-BK along with an M3T-CB
P341.jpg

I don't recall who took this photo of a 6P-GM (GunMetal) with A19 (BK) and KT2-HA
P54.jpg

Shows want [fun] you can combine!

I hope this helps?
Al

jeb65

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that info Al , I think I will take your advice and go with the M3.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Note that the M3 and the M3T are different products.

The M3T (T for TurboHead) has the 2.5" diameter bezel as shown in my photo

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I was very pleased with the results of running the KT1 on a 6P. It increased the throw far more than I expected. I have yet to try a KT2 on a 3-cell light.

Regards,
Tempest

jeb65

Newly Enlightened
I went for the M3T ,One was for sale on the forums,I got it , Thanks for all the info.

Last edited:

Latest posts