Easy Novatac question...

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
I'm sure it can be done, I just don't think I am understanding it all that well.

I want a momentary maximum setting on my 120P but I don't want it to turn on to maximum when I want constant on. Make sense? :thinking:

Thanks

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe you can get a momentary maximun from off with a click press if you have "simple momentary" activated. Other wise I believe the simple momentary will come on to either your primary or whatever level you last had it on if you have disabled the "force setting". I could be wrong so hopefully someone here will confirm.

djblank87

Enlightened
I believe you can get a momentary maximun from off with a click press if you have "simple momentary" activated. Other wise I believe the simple momentary will come on to either your primary or whatever level you last had it on if you have disabled the "force setting". I could be wrong so hopefully someone here will confirm.

I would have to say most of that is dead on, maybe Derek Dean will stop in, he knows a lot about the 120P. :thumbsup:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm....... I've been scratching my head over this programming request all night. It seems to me that Oddjob has come up with the most elegant solution at this time, which is a quick click-press from off giving you full maximum momentary output.

Actually, the beauty of this setup is that you have two momentary options available at the same time. From off, just a press and you will have simple momentary available at either the last level you used, or your forced-on level (depending on whether you have the force setting on/off), or if you want maximum momentary, just a quick click-press and you have that too.

So, while not exactly what you asked for, it does come pretty close. I'm continually amazed by the flexibility of the NovaTac's UI, and while not perfect, it comes the closest to being able to provide almost any combination of low/medium/high we can come up with.

Good solution Oddjob, and thanks Robin for alerting me to this thread. BTW, I will keep thinking about this to see if I can come up with something even more elegant, but this seems like the logical setup to me.