really digging my KD SCC-U AAA

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love mine. Twisty on the tail end of the light seems so much easier to use. Brightness on a nimh cell is strong enough for me to consider retiring 10440 use in my L0D CE. I EDC it in my jean pocket with the strap hanging out for quick draw.

clipboard01nj4.jpg

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
So, can you buy these anywhere other than their website? I'd love to get some for my inspectors.

sino

Newly Enlightened
KD Website shows them in stock now. :twothumbs

Order now to get in line. (I just placed my order.)

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a great little light. Anyone know how the water resistance is? And how well it runs on alkas? Might be a good christmas gift otherwise.

Cheers.

mattblick

Newly Enlightened
Picked up 4 for Brother-In-Law gifts.

Thanks sino for letting us know they are back in stock!

meuge

Enlightened
Any other rwviews for this light?

I have one. It's by far the brightest AAA light out there... maybe 2X brighter than the Ultrafire 602C.

I really like this light, except the o-ring is kind of puny, which results in the switch being quite loose. I figure this will become one of my favorite lights, as soon as I find a good o-ring that would make it harder to twist.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one. It's by far the brightest AAA light out there... maybe 2X brighter than the Ultrafire 602C.

The good news is, Fenix is catching up. They are now selling a L0D CE with a Q4 bin that puts out rated 75 lumens on a regular AAA. Fenix-Store has it in stock, but only in red. Hopefully black/natural/silver(please, please!) will come out soon enough. If it takes a 10440, would it approach 200 lumens?

I really like this light, except the o-ring is kind of puny, which results in the switch being quite loose. I figure this will become one of my favorite lights, as soon as I find a good o-ring that would make it harder to twist.

I wonder if this means poor waterproofing.

Last edited:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
As advertised on the site, 100 lumens +

wow, that's a pretty good edc light. alot of times we just use edc's for very short bursts a couple times during the day. where output would rule over runtime. sounds like a good flashlight to show off with.

Elliot

Newly Enlightened
I have this light and like it. I use it everyday. However, no way are 100+ lumens coming out the front of this light! For a AAA the light is very nice.

Elliot

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a great light for the money. I have mine on my keychain.

That said it does not put out anywhere close to 100 lumen:poke:.

I'd guesstimate it to be about 50 lumen, which is still very nice:p

Sverre

EDIT: This is with a fresh 900mAh Energizer NiMH. Amd compared to a HDS and U2 at different levels..

Last edited:

Luminescent

Enlightened
You guys reporting 30 to 50 lumens, two quick points to check.

First, are you using NiMH batteries? Some lights have trouble hitting peak brightness on plain alkaline batteries.

Second, remember this light is more floody than any Fenix light, so unless you use a light-box to make a total integrated test you won't be able to easily compare them.

The difference in hot spot size makes a big difference.

Try a 'ceiling bounce' test, where you bounce the light off the ceiling and note how well it lights things on the floor, then quickly compare it to a known Fenix light the same way.

I suspect that you will find that this light is putting out a lot more light than you thought it was.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has a wider spill and hotspot than my L0D CE, which I had already considered an indoor use light. In ceiling bounce test, it appears to hold it's own against my L0D loaded with 10440 on Medium. chevrofreak estimates medium level on the Fenix with 10440 at about 58 lumens. (link)

Not a 100% fresh nimh cell (I've been using the light a lot), so I wouldn't be surprised if it was much closer to 100 lm max output.