Just got my CL1H 2 stage

DanielG

Enlightened
It's a NICE light. Well made and bright as all get out. The thing throws across the back yard better than almost anything else I have. The "low" is as bright as my Surefire 6p and the "high" eats the Surefire light entirely.

There's another button in the plastic bag and I'd rather have the black button than the glow in the dark one but I don't know how to get it out. There's two holes in the tailcap entrails that I believe would take two punches to screw the thing out but I don't want to damage it.

Nice light! :twothumbs

robbydob

Newly Enlightened
Just switched mine out tonight for the same reason. Used an ice pic and rotated it out counterclockwise....nothing to it.

good luck and enjoy!

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a pair of pointy needle nose pliers (you can find them at Lowes, or anywhere), look for the pointiest you can find, as they work great for unscrewing those retaining rings, or whatever the proper term is. :) You just unscrew it out of the tail cap and then there is another plastic (nylon?) retaining washer/ring that holds in the tailcap. It's nice because it looks like it makes a very good seal to prevent water from coming in around the tailcap, a weak spot on some lights. You unscrew that and then you can just swap the tail switch cover. The black one I have is a low-profile one which allows the light to tail stand. I have just stuck with the GITD for now.

The throw with the SMO reflector is pretty amazing. I was impressed with the 5-stage Q2, and the 3-stage Q5 is even brighter, and the new 2-stage Digital Q5 1.2A will be brighter yet.

DanielG

Enlightened
Got it. I've got punches of all sizes from gun smithing :)

I like this light!

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
What drop-in do you have in your 6P? If it is the P60...then you are comparing a 200+ lumen light against a 60 lumen bulb. I have the P61 120 lumen drop-in in my 6PD and it eats my CL1H for lunch. Not only does the P61's 120 lumens kick its butt in the bounce test....it severely kicks its butt in throw. While my CL1H is certainly a nice light.....it's definitely not all that.

Rob

It's a NICE light. Well made and bright as all get out. The thing throws across the back yard better than almost anything else I have. The "low" is as bright as my Surefire 6p and the "high" eats the Surefire light entirely.

DanielG

Enlightened
What drop-in do you have in your 6P? If it is the P60...then you are comparing a 200+ lumen light against a 60 lumen bulb. I have the P61 120 lumen drop-in in my 6PD and it eats my CL1H for lunch. Not only does the P61's 120 lumens kick its butt in the bounce test....it severely kicks its butt in throw. While my CL1H is certainly a nice light.....it's definitely not all that.

Rob

Right now it's a stock bulb in my 6p, probably the p60. I was just using that as a reference point for relative brightness of the Dereelight. The bulb assembly in the Dereelight also fits rather nicely in the 6p as well :)

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Daniel. What bulb did you get with your CL1H? I got the 2 level one that does not work in the Surefire lights. :mecry:I think the 1 level, 3 level, and 5 level all work though.

Rob

Right now it's a stock bulb in my 6p, probably the p60. I was just using that as a reference point for relative brightness of the Dereelight. The bulb assembly in the Dereelight also fits rather nicely in the 6p as well :)

DanielG

Enlightened
Hey Daniel. What bulb did you get with your CL1H? I got the 2 level one that does not work in the Surefire lights. :mecry:I think the 1 level, 3 level, and 5 level all work though.

I got the two stage, but I got the one that only goes with an 18650, so 2X123a probably doesn't turn it on. Didn't try to turn it on, I just put it into the head of the 6p to check.

I wanted the 1X18650 light. I've got a couple AWs hanging around that don't fit in any of my 2X123a lights.