Lenslight

Audiowiz

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any experience with Lens Light? They are beautiful lights. Are they bright?:whistle:

Audiowiz

Newly Enlightened
google it. Chapman Lens light. Lots of colors, luxeon technology. A nice piece of machinery.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Outdated emitter, and I highly doubt they are HA-III anodized with that shiny of a coat. It has some nice features, but I just don't like the general shape. I'd take an aspheric minimag over them personally.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
'Spicious.

I've only read the web page on this, but I'm already 'spicious.

Not fond of the way the advertiser avoids giving lumens (and equates lumens to candlepower). And they seem awfully proud that their Luxeon LED is .8 (ie, 1) watt. And while emmy-award-winning Mr. Chapman is proud of "inventing" a light with a lens, I have a model from 1920 sitting on my shelf that also uses a lens to focus the light. Mr. Chapman states that "reflector type flashlights" contribute to shadows--I think any directional or specular light source does that; I'll bet his light contributes to shadows, too.

And this line was particularly amusing: "Having batteries rather than mechanical devices to provide energy to power the light was another factor we wanted to consider...our battery of choice was the low cost AAA battery." Wait...using a battery to power a flashlight? Now that is cutting edge!

The things that do strike me as unique is that the flashlight automatically shuts off after 7.5 minutes, and you can disable the auto shutoff. That's nifty. And having a triple lens system in the front of the light is worthy of bragging rights no matter whether it works well or not (that plus the $171 you paid for a 1W Luxeon).

My 2 cents from reading the web page only.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you just want brightness, there are many lights 1AA less then $20 that will out throw and out lumen the lens light(like this one and this one).

IMO it's not worth it.

I did send them a email about upgrading the light with a Cree emitter and they said they will look into that.

Audiowiz

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate and respect all your opinions. I like the look, and it's shiny. I have a LOT of lights, my edc is an mIII with the turbo head, that beat out my first E2E. You never forget your first. My wife's fav is the pelican LAPD 7060 and I am partial to my r500 scorpion. I just like shiny colors and wanted to know how it stacked up to the aforementioned. will I be disappointed with the output, for $180.00!??? Thanks.
:wave:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You will probably be very disappointed with the output. Less throw and less output then a Incan AA minimag.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Leslight

I own two of them I bought them at a trade show where C/L was showing them off.
They are beautifully engineered flashlights unique in many ways.
The finish is beautiful and very much a type finish.
The way they are able to achieve the shiny finish speaks to how much effort they put into the making of these lights.

They are too expensive. they do not have the kind of output we here on the CPF desire. they use a lens system which projects an image of the emitter...a square beam".
All in all an extremely beautiful flashlight with limited utility for most.
If used for it's designed purpose (examination the gate in a motion picture camera) they are just fine for the job.

If they were to replace the lux I emitters with Crees or Seoul emitters they would be very cool.
Yaesumofo

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will probably be very disappointed with the output. Less throw and less output then a Incan AA minimag.

If you buy it KNOWING what you're getting, then you shouldn't be disappointed with the output. I've seen and handled one...it has both more throw AND overall output than an "Incan AA minimag". Granted, by todays output standards it does look unappealing to us flashoholics...but if you ever get a chance to handle one you'll see and FEEL the craftmanship that went into these lights. They're quite unique, and VERY well built!

PJD

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you buy it KNOWING what you're getting, then you shouldn't be disappointed with the output. I've seen and handled one...it has both more throw AND overall output than an "Incan AA minimag". Granted, by todays output standards it does look unappealing to us flashoholics...but if you ever get a chance to handle one you'll see and FEEL the craftmanship that went into these lights. They're quite unique, and VERY well built!

PJD

I see your point. Those lights do seem to be very well built and have a lot of thought put into them. Probably a bit too unique

But the OP did ask how bright it was, and IMO, he would be disappointed.

Of course, if you knew what you were getting, that would be a different story.