comparing these budget throwers..

bspofford

Enlightened
I have all of them and would very much recooment the WF-600 with a CREE Q2 emitter. It isn't as well made as an MRV CREE P4 but outthrows it.

Windscale

Enlightened
For reasons of safety I would stick to 1 x 18650 format (even at the expense of bigger throw).

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you are looking at the Super thrower, the WF-800 would be better since it uses a slightly more efficient LED, Cree Q2 instead of the P4.

The main advantage is the longer runtime.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The WF-800 would have a bit more throw with longer runtime and the WF-600 would be shorter with shorter runtime.

mrQQ

Enlightened
just got wf-600 q2, and seems q5 version is out! omg, this is sooooo *bugger*.

anyway, does anyone know how does wf-600 compare to DBS in terms of performance (not comparing quality etc)?

i always wanted DBS, but if its only like 10% better in performance, then perhaps i dont need it..

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
This is the best budget thrower...

UNIQUEFIRE HS-802 R2 emitter...

I am not respectable member and expert, all I have is eye and over riflescope measurements and I can say this...

It probably has deepest SMO reflector in a world of led flashlight...

Build quality is good and acceptable...

Outthrows my Tiablo A9 & Magcharger, Ultrafire 008,007 my friends best model ledlenser...

MONSTER thrower that has tightest spot U ever seen... (but of course it can not throw like Tiablo A9 with aspherical head in fact only DEFT is better... DBS is same like it)

If U don't mind on crappy name unique shi.. .. .t! U will get an excellent killer thrower with R2 emitter that KILLS all popular brands for price of 27$???? YES!!!

lightforce2

Enlightened
Here's an easy mod for the HS-802 to get 1.2 amps.:)

1. unscrew the tail cap, battery tube & emitter module
2. reverse the battery tube & place a Dereelight 1SD pill in the end where the tailcap normaly scerwed on, carefully screw this into the head making sure the pill aligns with the reflector
3. screw the tailcap onto the other end of the tube

There seems to be enough thermal pathway between the pill, tube & reflector, mine has run for some time, then a quick dismantle and the pill is only warm

Note: you will still have a 2 mode light because there is a resister in the switch

lightforce2

Enlightened
I forgot to mention in the last post. The HS-802 would be a great host for a 2 mode direct drive light too. I've got some spare R2-WH's somewhere here:thinking:

BMF

Enlightened
I have both WF-600 and WF-800 in Q5: they have the same throw as Tiablo A9 or a little better to my eyes. I don't have the lux meter to check them out. And the WF-800 is a hair brghter than WF-600 to my eyes or course. Note that I run both of them with 2 cells with no problem while people posted only use 1 cell with WF-600.

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Thank U Mr. Lightforce on advice...

U R also thrower junkie like I :) I would like to have them all including DEFT...

Hs 802 out throws Tiablo A9 but not too much ( 15 % brighter in throw because of larger smo reflector)...

People who appreciate better quality should always buy Tiablo becauae it is better build quality flashlight than UQF HS 802...

But I must say Uniqe fire is KILLER thrower... unbelievable price 27$ also...

China will swap away all popular brands because of people like I and U that are buying it...

But to be honest Maglite(invented by Antun Maglica he is from my country Croatia but he spend all life in USA), Tiablo, Feniks, Wolf eyes etc. Are made in China...

QUESTION FOR Mr. Lightforce

Unique fire VS Tiablo A10 please???

Last edited:

BMF

Enlightened
Thank U Mr. Lightforce on advice...

U R also thrower junkie like I :) I would like to have them all including DEFT...

Hs 802 out throws Tiablo A9 but not too much ( 15 % brighter in throw because of larger smo reflector)...

People who appreciate better quality should always buy Tiablo becauae it is better build quality flashlight than UQF HS 802...

But I must say Uniqe fire is KILLER thrower... unbelievable price 27$ also...

China will swap away all popular brands because of people like I and U that are buying it...

But to be honest Maglite(invented by Antun Maglica he is from my country Croatia but he spend all life in USA), Tiablo, Feniks, Wolf eyes etc. Are made in China...

QUESTION FOR Mr. Lightforce

Unique fire VS Tiablo A10 please???

There are two HS 802 at DX: one is more expensive so is this better in throw? They both have R2.

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
There is 2 and 5 mode HS 802.

Although Uniqe claims that HS 802 with 2 mode can take 2 rcr123 DON'T play with it...

Those crappy brands can not take higher voltage batteries like 123(they can but will not last long- maybe few minutes, maybe few days) I have personal experience with that...