Saw some new flashlight surprises at Lowes today...(NOT the Task Force)

Delta

Enlightened
First off, I stumbled upon a Energizer Hard Case 2-AAA CREE inspection light. 30 lumens, water-resistant, supposedly survives a 15ft drop, and comes with a belt sheath....for $14.95.

1113071110.jpg

It doesn't SAY CREE, but it doesn't say Luxeon (which they usually do) and it looks just like the LEDs in my Fenix's and other Cree lights. It's definatley more "Cree-Bright" for 2-AAA.

Second...and this really shocked me...I see SUREFIRE G2L and 6PL LED lights in the "impulse" section of the checkout lines, of all places! I think they were $68 and $80-something.

They had some Luxeon 1W AA Task Forces...nothing speacial but new. This one dodn't have the Cree Task Force yet.

IcantC

Enlightened
Whaaaaaaa Surefire @ Lowes? I was going there to return some stuff today and ummm uhhh buy a Mag host for my new Malkoff. Will check those out as well :D.

Delta

Enlightened
SF@Lowes?!?! strange, very strange... I though that went against everything SF was about....

UNLESS the flood of "brighter than Surefire" lights out there start eating into your bottom line.....

BTW....I am SURE that the Energizer light is a Cree. No Doubt.

redledz

Newly Enlightened
Energizer Cree!! Wow pretty cool. Didn't the original light have an optic? This one is a reflector then?

Delta

Enlightened
Energizer Cree!! Wow pretty cool. Didn't the original light have an optic? This one is a reflector then?

Yes, it is a reflector. I'd say the overall size of the reflector is about 2/3's the size of my L2D reflector. It's the same length as the L2D.

Delta

Enlightened
This one is on South High street at I270. (South of 104)

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
This one is on South High street at I270. (South of 104)
Ok, I'll check out the ones closer to home first (west/NW side of C-bus), but if they don't have the same selection, I'll head south a little bit. Thanks!

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a whim I checked availability of the G2L on Lowes website, and the only central Ohio Lowes store that has them in stock (out of 8 or so stores) is the one that Delta was at in south Columbus. Looks like Lowes is still a bit lacking with their consistency and selection on some items.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Yeah, I saw that they were selling SureFire flashlights when I was browsing their website last night. But after "shopping" at all their stores in the state, none of them list them as being in their inventory... :green:

Schuey2002

Enlightened
First off, I stumbled upon a Energizer Hard Case 2-AAA CREE inspection light. 30 lumens, water-resistant, supposedly survives a 15ft drop, and comes with a belt sheath....for $14.95.
They also are selling a Cree version of Energizer's Hardcase Tactical angle head light, too.. ;)

That's the one that I want! :grin2: