Ordered a Fenix L2D-RB 100.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a Fenix L2D-RB Rebel 100, i previously own 2 L2D-CE which is now bought by a friend. How much brighter will the new L2D-RB 100 be? am i going to be happy with it?

thanks

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
An educated guess(since I haven't tried the newer L2Ds) would be that you wouldn't notice that much difference in output, especially if you don't compare them directly. Our eyes works logaritmically, so they don't notice much of a difference in lumens output if the difference isn't huge. 135lumens to 175lumens(according to Fenix) isn't that much of an increase, if you look at the percentage.. However from what I've heard, the beam is a lot better on newer Fenixs(allthough I didn't even remotely consider that as an issue on the "older" L2D CE), and you might also like the tint better.

All in all, I'm sure you wont be dissapointed if you liked your old L2D.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto Lobo. I've noticed quite a bit of tint variation in the L2D R100, so your satisfaction may depend somewhat on the tint you get. Personally I like the rose colored tint when you can find it.

afahmic

Newly Enlightened
I am sure you would be happy with your new L2D Rebel 100. There's not so many lights out there that using the latest LED with constant current regulated like Fenix L2D.

You should order their diffuser cap and L1D body as well so you may use it as camping lantern and with only 1 AA battery as for the practically sake. And the Eneloop batteries for power it up is great also.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will see just slightly difference in total output, but rebel beam is much smoother. Even L2D Q5 version with OP reflector has dark ring around hotspot.

Zenster

Enlightened
You will see just slightly difference in total output, but rebel beam is much smoother. Even L2D Q5 version with OP reflector has dark ring around hotspot.

Perhaps there is a production variation, but I don't get a dark ring at all in any of the power levels of my L2D/Q5, and it has the OP reflector.

I'm interested to hear how the original poster feels about his Rebel when he gets it. I'm tickled with the look of the Q5 of mine and wouldn't want it any different, but I'm always interested to know what and why other people think the way they do.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
I have an L2D RB100 in the glovebox of my Excursion. It is my favorite AA light to date. The color is great and the beam is smooth.

Ditto on the diffuser and L1D body.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L2D Q5, which I have for testing only, has unfortunately almost the same dark ring as CE versions with smooth reflector. (same as on the right beamshot). http://www.sliderule.ca/flashlight/Fenix2.jpg
But it is true, that you will possibly not notice it in real world usage.

I have also P3D Q5, but I have not any cr123 batteries now, so I can't light it up.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think you would notice an increase in output(not a huge increase but noticeable), better color rendering, and maybe a warmer tint.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the reply everyone. Just got my L2D-Rebel 100 today (8 day shipping time from the States to Indonesia that is realy fast!) well i have to say i like the warm color of it infact warmer than my MTE Rebel 100 CR123 i bought from DX, no ring artifacts which is good, and smooth beam and the most important is i did not expect the light to be really bright. I maen really bright, you know from my sig. that i have few experiences with bright light. i am not saying that this is the brightest flashlight but for 2AA the L2D-RB100 feels like running on lithium.
Got L1D body and diffuser as well which is Nice.

yeah i thing i am happy with the purchase.

Last edited:

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the reply everyone. Just got my L2D-Rebel 100 today (8 day shipping time from the States to Indonesia that is realy fast!) well i have to say i like the warm color of it infact warmer than my MTE Rebel 100 CR123 i bought from DX, no ring artifacts which is good, and smooth beam and the most important is i did not expect the light to be really bright. I maen really bright, you know from my sig. that i have few experiences with bright light. i am not saying that this is the brightest flashlight but for 2AA the L2D-RB100 feels like lithium flashlight. Got L1D body and diffuser as well which is Nice.

yeah i thing i am happy with the purchase.

you bet :thumbsup:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/180233

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh on more thing, L2D-RB 100 looks to be as bright as if not brighter than my P3D-CE(P4) although my P3D is more white-blue than my L2D-RB 100 so there might be some error in judgement. Make me wondering and thingking of L2D-CE Q5?

Enlightened
oh on more thing, L2D-RB 100 looks to be as bright as if not brighter than my P3D-CE(P4) although my P3D is more white-blue than my L2D-RB 100 so there might be some error in judgement. Make me wondering and thingking of L2D-CE Q5?

It probably is:
P3D-CE
• General Mode: 9 lumens (65hrs) -> 40 lumens (13hrs) -> 90 lumens (4.8hrs) -> SOS
• Turbo Mode: 160 lumens (1.8hrs) -> Strobe

L2D-RB100
• General Mode: 11 lumens (55hrs) -> 50 lumens (10.5hrs) -> 100 lumens (4hrs) -> SOS
• Turbo Mode: 175 lumens (2.4hrs) -> Strobe