Artic Aluminad LED Removal

crackerkorean

Newly Enlightened
Is it possible?
The only thing I can guess last night when was putting the bezel on my mag that I did it a little to night and the reflector damaged the LED or something.

Well the LED is on a star and I used artic alumina to attach it. Is it posssible some how to remove it?

I tried just taked the seoul LED off of the star and that was a misreable failure also. Is there a trick to it? I would like to have a triple light working. That would be nice.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seoul stars they solder the LED on...

AA you can pry or sometimes hit it from the side to pop it off. Maybe get it cold and it would pop off easier? Or hot and it would soften up.

crackerkorean

Newly Enlightened
Seoul stars they solder the LED on...

\
Thats what I thought but I unsoldered the ears and the slug is still stuck really well. If I could remove it it wouldnt be a big deal.

I might just have to pop it off, hopefully I can.

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've gotten just about any epoxy loose by heating up the substrate with a soldering iron and prying. The heat softens the epoxy.

c_c

crackerkorean

Newly Enlightened
I was able to pop it off with an awl that I have on an interchangeable screw driver. (Thanks 3com )

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I remove Cree emitters from stars, I put the star gently in a vise and apply heat with a propane torch to the bottom of the star. While doing this I have an X-Acto knife applying pressure at the edge of the emitter.

crackerkorean

Newly Enlightened
When I remove Cree emitters from stars, I put the star gently in a vise and apply heat with a propane torch to the bottom of the star. While doing this I have an X-Acto knife applying pressure at the edge of the emitter.

I will have ot try this. Thanks a bunch.