6 volt Eveready Utility Lantern

IcantC

Enlightened
Here is a link to it.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=46264-346-5109WBSQP&lpage=none

Hope it works, these usually run $3-$5 and are the yellow plastic lamps with a 6 volt battery and can be found anywhere.

How do you guys like these? Anyone use these?

I used to have a few and were great to buy and keep in the car. Never know when you need a light to handout during an emergency or when working on the street.

Anyone own one or have any feedback?

What is the throw and output like? I never really compared or tried, but from whatr I recall it seemed to have good throw. Don't have any at all, so might buy one today.:D

DaveG

Enlightened
I have one,not bad for the price,for a bang around light for the car trunk.

n4zov

Newly Enlightened
I keep one at home, and it always seems to be the first flashlight I use if the lights go out. Why? Because I know exactly where it is and can find it easily in the dark. The flat end lets it sit upright on a table and provide bounce illumination off the ceiling. It is inefficient, has lousy throw, the batteries are relatively expensive, the beam has horrible artifacts, and I still like it!

petersmith6

Enlightened
dont knock emm. i work in consruction and use the 6V lanterns alot..why??? know one will ever try and steal it...and at that price you wont mind if it get scratched,dinged, droped or coverd in who knows what

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of months ago there was a thread about converting this type of thing to use a Seoul (or Cree for more spill). The main reason I don't use mine now is because alkaline lantern batteries are so incredibly expensive and LEDs are good enough to provide enough (actually better) light running off AA NiMHs.

Illum

Flashaholic
A couple of months ago there was a thread about converting this type of thing to use a Seoul (or Cree for more spill). The main reason I don't use mine now is because alkaline lantern batteries are so incredibly expensive and LEDs are good enough to provide enough (actually better) light running off AA NiMHs.

I've been wanting to mod mine to LED but since the whole assembly's plastic thats not an option. the stock krypton was off center and the beam was :sick2:. I bought a mag-num 6V xenon and that increased the output by a noticeable margin. No spill, all throw on the light and no I don't use it often because of this matter:whistle:

hopkins

Enlightened
here's an image of utility latern and piece a space blanket taped to the ceiling as a reflector. Helped alot to brighten the room. Shown is my Dorcy 3watt Luxeon
- it draws 600ma from fresh alkaline D cells which may give 20 hours a decreasing brightness. I experimented and found that with only 5ma into this
3watt Lux could still see to walk around. Incandescent bulbs don't glow
at such low currents.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff319/12eric/?action=view&current=Dorcy3wattlantern.jpg