5W Blasters Arrinving

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many have asked regarding a 5 watt Luxeon Star flashlight. I've responded with the following information.

Along with the Blaster II, which is a 3D cell Luxeon Star flashlight, I also have coming two 5W versions of this flashlight: a 5D version, and a 6AA version.

The 6AA Blaster will be a 2D size Blaster, and will use a 6AA battery holder, and eventually the 3-To-D battery holders, when I have them.

The 6AA version will probably be called 'Blaster VI' , and the 5D will probably be called 'Blaster V'.

I should have them next week. In this first production run, I'll have 50 of each.

(You can now order the Blaster V and Blaster VI from my shopping cart.)

Wayne j

rdf

Newly Enlightened
Re: 5W Blasters Coming Soon

... and another email sent.

kd7kmp

Newly Enlightened

Wayne,

Will these have any regulation or be direct drive with a resistor? Any speculation on battery life? Thanks.

Kevin

Aeryk

Newly Enlightened

Any word on a price range?

Aeryk

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

What do all these "email sent" messages mean? Why do we all want to know?

Was there an implied email-to-get-on queue to reserve these Blasters?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wayne, I think your lights will get vaporized again...

C

Crazydude

I would be interested in one, providing the flickering issue has ben resolved.

Cd...

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, just got back to CPF again. All these posts? Got a bunch of emails too. Sorry to leave you all hangin'.

I was told I'd have them in on the 12th. I'll start taking orders some time next week. I didn't think it was appropriate to mention price in this forum, but in the buy/sell/trade section. Anyway, $89.99 for the Blater VI, and $89.99 for the Blaster V. I'll add them to my shopping cart, when I have them.

I'll start by offering the flashlights at a low introductory price of $79.99, and raise it later to $89.99. Now taking orders (but no money yet.)

Regarding the Blaster VI, I don't have the 3-To-D battery holders yet. So I'll need to wait till they come in, or adapt the 6AA holder to work.

Blaster VI lasts about 2 hours on 6AA batteries. The Blaster V lasts about 12 hours at good brightness, and will last about 1,000 hours, and still give off useful light.

Wayne j

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Crazydude said:
I would be interested in one, providing the flickering issue has ben resolved.

Cd...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not going to happen again. I'll be checking each one by putting in batteries and testing it. I think they'll try to do a better job of testing at the factory too.

Wayne j

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
kd7kmp said:
Will these have any regulation or be direct drive with a resistor?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious about this too... What's the plan?

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:
[ QUOTE ]
kd7kmp said:
Will these have any regulation or be direct drive with a resistor?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious about this too... What's the plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither flashlight will use a voltage regulator. The 5D will be direct drive. I have seen 12 hours of continuous bright light from a 5W 5D flashlight. It will also put out useable light for at least 1,000 hours.

The Blaster VI will burn for about 2 hours, depending on type of batteries used. A small amount of resistance will be added.

I see no need for a voltage regulator in either flashlight.

Will I come out with a voltage regulated 5W? Perhaps.

Wayne j

Kiessling

Flashaholic

sigh ... I'll have to wait for the regulated version. what a pity, this light is a real beauty!
bernhard
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

So... I'm probably being a little premature here... But, here goes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Wayne, what kind of light output are we talking about with these two new models? Beamshots?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
kiessling said:
sigh ... I'll have to wait for the regulated version. what a pity, this light is a real beauty!
bernhard
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Hopefully, later on I may have time to do some special requests, like fit up a flashlight with a voltage regulator. Also, it is not that hard to add in a BB500 for a 1W LS, or a BB750 for a 5W, into a 3D. I've done it myself. Wayne Yamaguchi has some great regulators that can be used. Also, if and when LED Dynamics puts out a smaller buck regulator, you can put in one, and put in three 3-To-D battery holders, and there you have your 5W voltage regulated flashlight. I just have to focus on a few models now. Gradually the line can be expanded. In the meantime, in the tradition of the CPF, 'MODIFY'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wayne j.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:
So... I'm probably being a little premature here... But, here goes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Wayne, what kind of light output are we talking about with these two new models? Beamshots?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The 5W versions will be running at specs, which means the light output would be 120 lumens. I am not overdriving much, if at all. Not with the white, as I want them to last as long as possible. I'm not trying to produce the brightest 5W Luxeon Star on the planet. I just want to run them at specs or close to it.

Wayne j