Pelican Little Ed LED vs Streamlight Survivor LED

matt_j

Enlightened
Looking for a new light for my turnout gear... Any experienc with the above lights? Pelican seems little slimmer but I heard that Streamlight has better rep...

tritan

Newly Enlightened
streamlight hands down. I am a firefighter in MI and bought the Pelican light first. I like the light for the first 3 weeks until the twist switch would start to loosen up and it would turn on in my turnouts and drain the batteries. I have Global gear and have a hook on the top chest of my coat both lights will work great there until the metal clip of the pelican got hooked on something and it stretched out then the light wouldn't stay on it would flop around left to right when walking .
The streamlight is bulletproof and was a better fit. The clip can't stretch from the gear and the light stays forward all the time.The switch works great and only had it turn on once in the coat and run the battery down. Its easier to turn on with gloves on and I ended up buying a 2nd light for my 2nd set of gear. I also bought the 4 AA LED lexon streamlight poly series for my helmet with rubber strap and let me tell you that is one great light also.
A nice thing about the steam light is you have 3 modes of on, high, low and traffic flash which I have used and it works great. Hope this helps. send me a email if you want more info.

tritan

Newly Enlightened
The nice thing about the stream light is you can always upgrade to the rechargeable without hassles. DC and AC kits available.:)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Survivor LED is also very easy to Seoul, if you're confident enough to mess with a duty light.

tritan

Newly Enlightened
I have since changed again to the new 90 angle mini light from stream light. Testing it now. So far so good

firefightergotoguy

Newly Enlightened
Pelican 3715 all the way. Battery indicator, smaller size, glow ring, way tougher. Worth the cash.
Survivor is a much better buy vs the lil ed for the price. But the plastic clip breaks all the time and the black bezel shroud breaks also.