Streamlight Flashlights

prof student

Enlightened
Greetings. Long time reader, 2nd time poster.

How long is it safe to leave your SL flashlights on the chargers without doing any damage to the light/battery?

If I don't use them much, IF I can't leave them on for extended periods of time, should I a) just unplug the charger....b) actually turn on the light in order to run the battery?

Any & all info is appreciated.

Bort

Newly Enlightened
They are designed to be left in the charger when not in use, if you need it to be fully charged.

Duff72

Newly Enlightened
my light box is on the charger except for about 1 hour every couple months and then 2 or 3 hour run maybe once a year still runs great

qarawol

Enlightened
I still leave many on the charger... for years. Pulled out just to use a few minutes and back in the charger. No ill effects so far.

Njoy...

Speedball

Newly Enlightened
For about 10 years I carried my stinger throughout the day and put it on the charger in the evening when I got home. Did that to the same battery stick for over 8 years and it still worked fine. I'm serious too.

Gnufsh

Enlightened
NiCd batteriesd are great for this use, I think you can trickle charge them just about forever without many problems. Liteboxes sit on there chargers all the time at my volunteer fire department as we almost never need them. When we do need them though, they work just fine.

Latest posts