I made my Novatac 120 Grippier! :D

xiaowenzu

Banned
Hi everyone! I've been reading on how to make one's flashlight more grippier, and I've came across the heat shrink method - wrapping a large sheath around the flashlight body then shrink it, or wrapping a big piece of rubber around it. While these two methods work to prevent slipping, it also spoils the aesthetic appeal of the light! I prefer keeping the metallic anodized look and feel of the Novatac, and I'm kinda allergic to big rubbery things! :crackup:

novatacoringtc9.jpg

Anyways, enough rambling… here's my way of doing it! As you can see there are two 1mm gap on the Novatac 120T (same with 120P) to allow for heat dissipation. And I happened to find 2 spare O-rings lying around, so what better use for it than to fill the slit! Heheheh :D

Tada! the subtle yet eye-pleasing result:
novatacoringedvd4.jpg

The O-rings are 16mm diameter by 1mm width…… but I believe a ~13mm diameter by 1.4mm would create an even TIGHTER fit, which sadly I currently don't have. :shakehead

Now it's even grippier than before, improving the low aggressive knurling. O-rings don't spoil the look and also doesn't affect the heat sinking in anyway. It's semi-permanent, and only comes off when you want it to, and will not affect battery changes at all. Now, please cheer for me!! Hooray! Mehehehehe :popcorn:

Last edited:

xiaowenzu

Banned
Re: I made my Novatac 120 Slip-proof! :D

:poke:boohooo! *cries* I guess no-one likes Xiaowen's mod. :( erm.. I put a lot of effort into it, ya know. :eek:

AZLight

Newly Enlightened
Re: I made my Novatac 120 Slip-proof! :D

:poke:boohooo! *cries* I guess no-one likes Xiaowen's mod. :( erm.. I put a lot of effort into it, ya know. :eek:

Throwing tow o-rings onto a flashlight is not really a mod. It has the same effect as fuzzy dice on a rear view mirror. I guess it is more a Pep Boy job. Please do not take it personally, it is only my 2 cent opinion.

Rob187

Enlightened
I like it. A good way to improve one's grip on the light. I thinks it looks pretty good too.

Not like fuzzy dice at all...

xiaowenzu

Banned
I like it. A good way to improve one's grip on the light. I thinks it looks pretty good too.

Not like fuzzy dice at all...
Thanks man! I'm grateful someone appreciates all that hard work which went into it. tehehe :DI think it's much better than this:
armorhy9.th.jpg
:nana:

So I am not the only one,I have used a 15mm ID 4mm thick,on mine
Perfect for grip.:thumbsup:
Wow, 4mm?! that's one heck of a grip! So does it fall off easily? I'm thinking of finding a 13.5mm ID 3mm.

Last edited: