Surefire 6P clickie

arty

Enlightened
Is there a reliable and not overly expensive clickie for the 6P in black?
I already have a Malkoff module in it, and don't want to put more into the switch than the price of the module. It works great as is, but I would like a good and reliable clickie.

Any recommendations?

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
My comprehensive overview of clickies for a 6P is as follows:

Surefire offers the Z49 and the Z59 . I have both.
The Z59 is closer to the stock LOTC in size. I have a Z59 on my Z2. I carry it in a Surefire V70 speed holster.
The Z49 is much more robust; larger in diameter and longer in length. I have one that I use on various lights but I find the Z49's larger size limits which holsters the light fits in. So far they both have been working great. If use in a holster is not important then the Z49 appears to be much more heavily built and can tail stand the light. It will also not activate the light when pushed down into the holster due to the rubber shroud around the "on" button.

I also have a Leef McClicky tailcap which comes in different variations. My favorite variation, the round shape in HAIII black is currently sold out, but should appear again soon. There is also the scalloped and hex shaped to choose from. I have found the Leef McClicky to be a very nice and reliable tailcap. It will tail stand and more importantly, it is the same diameter of the flashlight body so it will fit into holsters. You can push the light all the way down into the holster and the light will not activate like the stock LOTC because the "on" button is shielded by the shroud around the tail cap.

It would tough to choose only one from these. It all depends on what your use would be. I have had no problem with any of them. I like being able to tighten the tailcap all the way down and use the clicky feature. I use each of them in for a different purpose.

I think you can choose any of the above that fit your needs and be happy.

Last edited:

arty

Enlightened
Thanks for the advice. Does the Leef clicky preserve the lockout feature that you have with Surefire tailcaps?