12 Beam shot comparison

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I finally got my butt up away from the computer and CPF last night during the outage and got some beam shots. 12 of my lights pointed at a tree 100 ft. away. Enjoy...

Rob

beamshotx12bvv0.jpg

Last edited:

Zenster

Enlightened
Good group there. Nice job!

It's interesting that of all the lights you shot, only the A9s totally blew out your camera's ISO setting and washed out the center of the beam in the photo where you can't see the tree, only a white spot in the middle. It looks like if you kept the A9s on that spot too long, you'd light the tree on fire. :)
It's even more interesting to take a close look at the house on the left side of each photo, and you can see that the A9s also throws the biggest and brightest and whitest side spill as well. Most of the other lights turn the house blue.

I've got an A9s Special Edition myself, and I'm mighty impressed with the throw as your pics obviously indicate, but the beam for me is a little narrow so I'm about to order the OP reflector for it.
I'm confident that it will still be a great thrower, but a slightly wider hot spot will be more useful to me.

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics, and if those pics don't help to sell a bunch of A9s's, I don't know what will.

Last edited:

Phaetos

Enlightened
What kind of camera are you using? I can't get usuable outdoor beamshots with my camera for some reason. It just won't pick up anything at distance. The highest ISO setting it can muster is 1000, which I'm assuming is too low. It's not letting in enough light I guess. Anyone want to donate a really good SLR camera to me for Christmas? :naughty:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am using a Sony DSC-F717 on fully manual. I also have the ISO set to 200. I was using F2. I can't remember what my shutter speed was. It was whatever was 0 EV.

Rob

Last edited:

redledz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the nice beamies! I like the 6max beam in the hallshot. Nice.