Dietary needs of Fenix torches

Screwball

Newly Enlightened
Hi
From what I understand it's best to feed your Fenix on Ni-MH rechargeables I intend getting the L2T-v2.0 for work in an emergency can I run it on standard quality alkalines if thats possible what effects will it have
Cheers

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can run it on alkalines, but you should probably stick to the low power mode(s) with those. Alkies don't like delivering a lot of current, which they'll have to do at full power.
In contrast, NiMH can deliver much more current.

Bushman5

Enlightened
uhhhhhh which FENIX lights we talking about? the P1d/2D/3D all take CR123 Lithiums......

USM0083

Enlightened
uhhhhhh which FENIX lights we talking about? the P1d/2D/3D all take CR123 Lithiums......

The OP mentions a L2T-v2.0, which is a 2xAA. I have a L2D which I like, but I'll probably get a L2T-v2.0 for the simplicity of only two modes and the momentary switch.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eneloops or other hybrids (Ray-o-vac) are your best choice, as already suggested.

If you must use alkalines, I would suggest you buy an L2D instead of the L2T v2.0. Using alkalines, the L2T v2.0 will only give you one well-regulated power level (low). The L2D offers 3 well-regulated levels with alkalines (low, med, high). You can use all modes with both lights, but alkalines will die a quick death when used with the L2T high mode or the L2D turbo mode. This is why I prefer the L2D for an emergency or survival type light.

Last edited:

jeep44

Newly Enlightened
I run plain ol' alkalines in my L2T V2.0, and I only use the high level. They do go fast, but since it is a work light, I just go get a couple more from the battery drawer.