• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD Novatac 120 - Supernova (Milky Mod)

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Novatac 120 - Supernova (Milky Mod)

How does a 120t have the "p" interface? Was it a body swap? Are you insterested in selling the light with the stock bezel and no clip?

Ducaticorse

Newly Enlightened

I would be very interested to take the PEU bezel with tritium inserts and the ti clip if Valpo or another buyer takes the light.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast

I originally sold this light to gtie in this thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/178995

Unless it was modded by gtie or somebody else, it left my hands without a "120P interface"...and I bought the light directly from LightHound. Scott (Milky) did in fact do the SuperNova mod for me, and I did sell it with the Ti clip and PEU SS bezel w/3 green trits. As far as where the "120P interface" came in, you'd have to ask gtie or hoppyjr about that...

hoppyjr says that it has the flush 120P tail switch, and when I sold it it had the protruding 120T switch; so it appears some modding has been done. The emitter in this light was VERY white...one of the nicest tinted SSC's I've seen. And the SuperNova mod did GOOD things to the throw!

PJD

Last edited:

hoppyjr

Newly Enlightened

OK - here is what I know.........

I purchased the light from Gtie with with the bezel and Ti clip, but he was selling them separately and I made a package deal. I can tell you that I paid more than what PJD sold it for, but this was likely because of the upgrade to the programmable interface that was installed.

PJD - thanks for clearing up some info that I didn't know, as this will probably help buyers to decide if this is for them.

I also agree with PJD that the beam is fantastic. I had originally PM'd Mikly to get a quote on modding my stock 120p, but came across this one and thought I'd grab it and then sell my stock one. As it is now, I did some deals this past two weeks and ended up with a Nautilus, U2, L4, L1, some Arcs, a 120p from Lighthound, and this Supernova. I am wayyyyy over budget on toys and will be selling a few items. I'd like to end up with a Ti PD-S, so this is why I am re-evaluating and selling this light.

I believe that Gtie had the 120p interface put it, as it definitely has it and I prefer it over the 120t. FWIW, I have another 120p that is stock. I asked Gtie to put the flush 120p tail on it, as I believe it is less prone to accidental-on and boot damage when pocket carried (IMHO), plus it tail-stands. He had both tails and offered whichever I wanted. The 120p tail is slightly darker in it's finish color, but this was fine by me, since I buy lights to use and not to look at (but looks good to me). THis is now basically a Supernova 120p, but the casing is marked 120t.

I am not opposed to splitting the items up, so;

VALPO, please PM me with your offer for the Mikly Supernova light only - this would be with no clip and NO bezel, as I do not have a stock one (I bought it as a package with the SS on it, so you would need to buy a stock bezel or one of the aftermarket ones. I believe that there was one around here for about $20 or so, maybe less).

DUCATICORSE - (man, I'd love to own a Duck!) I received your PM, thanks. If you want to shoot me an offer on those, I'm ready to listen. FYI, I did get a good offer on the bezel alone.

If any of you want to PM me your number, I'll gladly call you to discuss further.

Thanks all - this is a great forum and bunch of people.

Hoppy

Last edited:

Latest posts