Question tacital gun rail lights? Do they make a cree? Also cool post/side topic.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
If you're talking about the insight m6x / m3x for the 125 lumen output, the x300a is brighter and runs for close to 3 hours at regulated output compared with one hour from the gradually dimming incandescent bulb.

With the LED being impervious to recoil etc, and no bulbs to burn out, it is ahead of the streamlight TLR and M3x etc families in terms of performance from my usage with the x300 and m6x.

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
yes m6x / m3x was the ones I was looking at. x300a sounds nicer. Does it use a cree or is that luxon? I might just go with that one, surefire is great. And on a weapon light you don't have to skip and have it break.

NickDrak

Enlightened
The X300 does indeed use a CREE LED. Surefire's 110 lumen rating is actual "out the front" light output, NOT meaured at the emitter as almost every other manufacturer uses to rate their lights max output such as Fenix, LumaPower, WolfEyes. If one of these company rates the output @ 150 lumens, that is measured at the emitter and is actually more like 110-120 lumens coming out of the front of the light. Surefire's 110 lumen output rating is conservative, and is probably closer to 120-125 lumens.

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main...r=6&prrfnbr=24462&sesent=0,0&search_id=558230

Not bad. Still only 110 lumen. Streamlight has one around 130 lumens.

I'm looking for a CREE based one u know 150 lumen plus! Just wondor if anybody makes one.

Patriot

Flashaholic
It uses a cree. Unlike many manufacturers Surefire doesn't always drive their LEDs at max output because run-time is just as important to them. 110 lumens is very bright and Surefire always underrates the output of their lights where most others overstate the output of their lights. There isn't a better made weaponlight than the X300 in my opinion, and I don't even own one yet. I have the X200A, M6X and TRL-2, but they don't compare with the X300 in any area.

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. I remmeber now how surefire rates the light and not an infalted number. I never owned a surefire, but I know there TOP NOTCH. And want the best on a weapon.

do know if they make this x300a alos with a laser sight built in? I looked on there website but did not see that.

Not for sure if I want a laser and light, but its pretty cool and you can toggle both on or just one by one. Depends on the situation.

Thanks again guys for the help and very prompt replies!

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Laser and light on rail. This Streamlight TLR-2 has a Seoul P4 LED in it.

DSC_1187cropped.jpg

Swapping out the T bin Luxeon, I got 105% increase in total output measured with a bounce test which I estimate is around 160 lumens. Runtime is same as stock.

For those that compare the TLR to the Surefires, this one has had over 1200 rounds down the barrel with the light installed (yes, I reload and keep a meticulous round count :D ). No durability issues. I've seen the X300 and I don't see how the TLR "doesn't compare" with it. I've taken many a TLR-1, 2 apart and I can tell you they're built like tanks. Not to knock on Surefire but I think they (TLR series) are a better value for the money.

Last edited:

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
I like that one a lot too. Just only 80 lumens. I dn't know if I could/would change out the BIN. Depends on how hard its to get out.

You would think these would be somewhat cheap There cr123 forma led you would think 150 bucks max, but I guess since its a speical purpose light they can charge more. I wished fenix would come out with one.

Thanks! Looks great on your weapon.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hmm......ok. None of my "un-modded" weapon lights compare strongly to a stock X300, especially with regards to ergonomics on a handgun.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like that one a lot too. Just only 80 lumens. I dn't know if I could/would change out the BIN. Depends on how hard its to get out.

You would think these would be somewhat cheap There cr123 forma led you would think 150 bucks max, but I guess since its a speical purpose light they can charge more. I wished fenix would come out with one.

Thanks! Looks great on your weapon.

That one is about $200 but it's got a laser. The TLR-1 is about a hundred bucks, no laser. Removing the LED is not too difficult once you get past the epoxy ;-) As I said, they're built like tanks and it took me a while to do the modification.

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys where do you the x300A I'm having a hard time finding one. Nobody had one local onthe x200 and it was almost 300 dollars.

I know somebody online should have the x300a, I can only find the x300.

Thanks

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I thought they had one with the LED/laser insurefire. I was prett sure I seen one before. was I wrong? thanks

Size15's

Flashaholic
Ok, I thought they had one with the LED/laser insurefire. I was prett sure I seen one before. was I wrong? thanks
SureFire have not yet released their light/laser combination although proto-types have been shown.
Whether it will be called the X300L, X400 or X400L remains to be seen. I get the impression it'll be X400 (perhaps with the L), I guess it depends on whether SureFire consider it important... L for Laser, L for LED? Perhaps without would be better...