Which place is better to order from? Kaidomain or dealext

jon1996

Newly Enlightened
I found a couple of lights I like, which place is faster and better to order from? Kaidomain or dealextreme?

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
With Kai you place the order, you get an acknowledgement email and then absolutely no further information about the status of your goods. Inquiring emails are ignored. Then one day, as you're starting to wonder whether your order was shipped at all, you get it in the mail and say "thank goodness".

DX, in contrast, tells you everything that happens, including shipping (likely to happen more than once if you order more than one object) and delays, and they're pretty quick to answer to tickets.

This is just my experience, so YMMV, but I definitely prefer DX.

bessiebenny

Enlightened
DX has a better website period. So I do prefer DX just for this fact.
But at the end, both are similar. Just compare prices and buy from the cheapest. =)

mulki

Newly Enlightened
I have ordered from both KD and DX. DX keeps you better informed about the shipment as they send you a mail to confirm order and another when they actually ship.

Also I like the search function on the DX website better.

Just my 2 cents.... YMMV.

Akita

Newly Enlightened
DX...no contest :>)

On a side note to both companies shipping directly from Hong Kong :

I import a few non flashlight items from Hong Kong directly from various manufacturers.
Average delivery time is five days...seven max.

DX's extremely long lag times between order placement and actual delivery inside the US is three times longer than what I consider normal.

I suspect they hold off shipping all orders to the US until they can fill a bulk sea going container...hence the extremely long wait we all encounter.

I'm sure DX would deny this if anyone asked them for an explanation,but it's probably true.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
my experiences. they both ship to greece by register airmail.

DX seems to make order mistakes when it comes to similar products (screwdrivers and 18650/CR123 versions of lights)
the times the item was defective they always made good.
(in a case I receied the wrong versions of 2 flashlight they offered to send new ones without sending them back)

On the other ahnd I always get the proper things with KD. But comm suck, order completion time seems longer, and when my C2 tape switch was bad i recieved a strange reply due to language problems. I gave any effort to resolve it and order one more.

it is a toss-up actually. I selecte vendor when he is the only that has the itmes I wish and add whatever else i need to this order.

best luck, Kostas

MatajumotorS

Enlightened
I am using DX. There is more information on website, they have good support and they inform you about everything, shipping 2-4 weeks.

jon1996

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, I am going to order through DX this time I will try KD Next plus the light I want is out of stock at KD

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
And may we know why?
When you purchase anything from their site, it does not really indicate whether it is stock or back order. Personally I have ordered twice from dx. First order no issues, 5 days later in came in the post. But the second order was a problem. It was on back order. Waited and waited but finally after 3 weeks I cancelled. Another friend ordered from both on line stores but the orders took some considerable time to complete. If you really need the item from either, then it a worthwile excercise. They do sell stuff much cheaper though.....no doubt.

Akita

Newly Enlightened
Both companies appear to be a consortium and/or a direct sales outlet for various products from HK manufacturers.

Doing business directly with the Chinese here in the US on a wholesale level has been easier for me than most.

I know the system from years of experience buying and shipping internationally...they take all export business seriously.
The language barrier and their best translators often get orders wrong and sometimes it is hilarious to say the least.

Overall,despite the screwups the same merchandise on a product by product basis is 1/2 the cost of an equivalent retail item here in the US.

The steadily declining value of the US dollar on a global basis will shortly put an end to that scenario in the near future I'm sad to say.

I recently placed a very large order with DX while the US Dollar still has some residual value to avoid the escalating US Dollar exchange rate losses which will affect all of us who buy imported goods.

I no longer can afford to buy anything directly from Europe because the US Dollar has fallen so far down against the Euro it's staggering what the exchange rate losses have become when you do an international wire transfer bank to bank.

This is not good news for any of us here in the US.

I am not complaining ..two weeks waiting for a shipment from HK at these kind of low prices is a trivial nuisance compared to paying retail prices.

Don't complain...stock up now.

I did :>)

:devil::devil:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've ordered from both. Everything has arrived just fine, with varying delays. I don't bother to check intensely on what are very small orders, so my subjective experience with both has been about the same - and just fine so far.

acourvil

Enlightened
I've good transactions with both, and bad transactions with both. Bad experiences include out of stock items that take 2+ months to ship (DX), broken parts (DX), misinformation about what was shipped and when (DX), missing items (Kai), wrong SKU substituted for SKU ordered (Kai). Communications with either are hit or miss; sometimes you get an immediate response, sometimes you get nothing, and sometimes you get a helpful anser and sometimes you get gobbledegook.

AvPD

Enlightened
With Kaidomain recently back up I ordered a 10-pack of ipod-copy headphones (link), which from the picture, were white versions of earphones (link) I already owned (i.e. identical in every detail except the colour).
I recieved different headphones that were so cheap they were basically unusable, they worked at least but the cord was a foot shorter and the sound quality was the worst I've ever heard.

Also, reviews don't appear on Kaidomain and the messageboard system isn't active.

So DealExtreme seems to be the one to go with at the moment.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any point on making a multiple order or is it smarter to order each item separetely? Since you don't pay for shipping?
It seems like both are a bit iffy on having items in stock, so if you make an multiple order, the stuff that are in stock might be put on hold together with the items that are not in stock?