ARC AAA flicker+brighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

manoloco

Enlightened
Peter:

I bought 3 Arc AAA-Ps (all three are DS), one flickers, or turns off after a second, sometimes works ok.

I know i have to send that one back.

Thing is, the one that fails is very noticeably brighter and whiter than the other two (which are very blue-lilac), should i send all three of them back? or is the brighter output also a side effect of the reason of the flicker?

will post a picture later with the beam comparison.

a few more questions: when i bought it i sent it to a friends house in USA he is now here (Peru), i wonder if the warranty covers shipping here?, also, if i send them to repair/exchange say next week, how probable is it that i get them here before christmas?, 2 of this lights are going to be presents.

on a side note, the lights are very nicely built, the knurling is really nice, and they feel very sturdy for a light that size and thickness. they also have a very usable output.

*btw i tried different batteries, exchanged between them etc. same result.

Last edited:

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. Hard to say. It could actually be brighter or the duty cycle is charging up the cap and producing higher flashes, or the other units have a different kind of problem.

As far as shipping, send Maria an email and ask her if you can use our fedex account to ship them back.

Sorry about the problem with the flickering.

peter

manoloco

Enlightened
Thanks for the quick reply Peter, i think i should explain what happens a bit better:

to be a bit more precise its no flickering, the light is temperamental, sometimes works ok (no flickering, flashing or anything), sometimes it doesnt and pulses one time in regular brightness, then goes off, i have to take the head off and put it back and sometimes its ok again.

This particular light has a lighter anodizing color and a thinner coat of chemkote (its not as yellow as the other 2) also head seems to fit looser

I took some beamshots, when the temperamental light is ok, along with the other 2, there is a very noticeable difference:

all three arc aaa-p ds
Picture047.jpg

just the brighter one vs one of the 2 that have similar output
Picture049.jpg

just need your opinion on this before i send email so i can send the lights back, i hope i can get the replacements soon as i said 2 are to be christmas gifts, and i really like the lights, i think that without the problem and with the output that the temperamental light has, its a great small sturdy light.

Last edited:

manoloco

Enlightened
I assume i contact Maria via this email address?:

[email protected]

i just sent an mail there explaining the situation and with the new shipping address.

will be sending the lights back tomorrow.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.