Got my L2D RB100, tint not too good

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got it about 30 min ago, its a great light but the tint is on the purple side, kinda like the river rocks, its just a tad bit purple. Other than that like i said its great. I will have to wait till its dar to play.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
In the dark, you might find the color rendering to be better then many of the other LEDs.

If you don't like the tint, ask for a replacement?

Congratulation on the new light!

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just thinking that, its not bad in the dark, "where you are supposed to use it" the light output is impressive for the size of the unit.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
got my L2D-RB100 yesterday mine has warm-white color which is realy really nice and not to mention it is realy bright. Fenix once again makes me happy.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got it about 30 min ago, its a great light but the tint is on the purple side, kinda like the river rocks, its just a tad bit purple. Other than that like i said its great. I will have to wait till its dar to play.

2000xlt, if you get a chance can you please post an impression on whether the tint on your purplish RB100 is still better at color rendering than your other LED lights? I think I'd feel better about the Fenix RB lottery if it were the case. Thanks!

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
swxb12, actually i really like it now, first its very bright for its size, as far as the tint its only a tad purple you dont really notice it unless your looking "AT" the light. Overall, i am very happy with it and WILL buy another fenix in the future

wishywashy7

Enlightened
swxb12, actually i really like it now, first its very bright for its size, as far as the tint its only a tad purple you dont really notice it unless your looking "AT" the light.

was the tint that bad? purple? most people with rebels refer to the tint as rosy...you may want to have it exchanged with a Q5, a bluish tint, but a tad brighter.

Hope this helps.