Draco vs. Raw

ThomasEdison

Banned
Has anybody had experience with BOTH of these lights. I am interested inthem both and I am trying to choose which one to buy, and no I am not going to get both, I have read the various threads pertaining to both these lights and I would like some imput from someone who has used both.
Thanks in advance!

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have experience with the Raw, but I do have the Draco. I believe that you will find that the Raw is a bigger light with similar output, more throw and longer runtime due to the larger battery and the larger reflector.

I don't believe that many will object when I say that the Draco is the light to own if you want to carry it on your key chain and if you have access to power to recharge the battery.

The Draco is one of the nicer lights that I own and I wonderfully made and very useful.

Take care.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have owned the raw, raw ns, draco, and drake.
the raw is very nice but the cree/flupic draco is the best light yet made.
perfect low, user selectable medium, and amazing high.

ThomasEdison

Banned
I have owned the raw, raw ns, draco, and drake.
the raw is very nice but the cree/flupic draco is the best light yet made.
perfect low, user selectable medium, and amazing high.

How is the throw on the Draco? A friend has a Raw NS Q4 and it throws almost as good as my P3D Rebel, seriously!

but no where as good my 3D mag/ Malkoff drop-in, not that i would expect it to.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Max brightness on the Raw Cree and the Draco Cree is similar. I think the Raw is too big and the Raw NS is too heavy for a keychain. I've had all 3 and prefer the Draco.

Secur1

Enlightened
How is the throw on the Draco? A friend has a Raw NS Q4 and it throws almost as good as my P3D Rebel, seriously!

but no where as good my 3D mag/ Malkoff drop-in, not that i would expect it to.

I can light up an entire 4 story building from 30 meters away.

I too was trying to make the choise between these two lights, end of the day i went for the Draco because it's smaller and the coating is more durable. I have it attached on my keyring along with keys and all kinds of stuff for 7 months now and i have yet to see a single scratch or flaw on it.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I think you have to decide what attributes are the most important to you, all out brightness and throw or really great brightness and throw that will be small and light in a keychain size. The Ns has the edge at projecting an beam beam and has better run-time. Gram for Gram there isn't a light brighter than the Draco.

Russianesq

Enlightened
draco = lightweight with 3 level flupic
cheapbaby-002.jpg

LineUp-019.jpg

Raw NS= power with 2 level

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't believe that many will object when I say that the Draco is the light to own if you want to carry it on your key chain and if you have access to power to recharge the battery.

I would. I've carried a Raw NS on my keychain for a loooong time. I got on the Draco passaround, and received the light in full anticipation that it would be "the one" to finally bump the Raw off the keyring. It didn't. Its a fine light, to be sure. But I could not get over the battery rattle, and I flat out hated the Flupic. We are getting in to personal opinions, to be sure, but you did ask... Call me simple, but I can't tolerate all that timed-twisty mumbo jumbo to change levels. :tinfoil:

Raw rules for me. :)

Draco is a damn fine light too, though.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Nice Magnificent Five there Russianesq. :twothumbs

The colors in that photo turned out very nicely too. It really captured the Ns in it's accurate color.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr, Mack and I often agree (well maybe not always re Ohio VS Indiana sports :)
I think he has great lights, however I really prefer the Draco. I did not think I would like the flupic, however, Draco has been on my key chain since they were first released (now with upgraded Cree). Both the Raw and Draco are very bright for their size....it really comes down to personal preference.

123584856-M.jpg

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Draco with AAA (10440 Lion) body and Turbo head (3W U bin Luxeon)

See review here

Probably not for sale........Thanks for asking.....

jeffb