Brightest smallest keychain light?

boe

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I'm looking for an extremely small keychain light but I want the brightest one of those possible. I know that if I get a big light I can potentially have the most lumens possible. I'd basically like something so small I can stick it to the back of my car alarm keychain but I want it to be as bright as possible. So if there were 10 units that were all about the size of three quarters, I'd like the brightest of those units. - Hart to explain for me but that is the best way I can come up with to describe what I'm looking for.

Thanks

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Liteflux LF2, reasonably priced AAA, great output and its programmable with strobes etc, there is also a dealer at the marketplace

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Price range?
Batteries?
I'm a bit confused about what you mean by the size of 3 quarters. Do you meant the button cell lights?

A good but cheap button cell light would be the above mentioned DX button cell lights(clear, black). But many AAA lights would be brighter(and have easier to get batteries). For example, the KD 1AAA Seoul is a bright and cheap solution.

:welcome:

boe

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the responses.

I would say alot of keychain lights I've seen are about the size of three coins - taped together I chose the monetary unit of a quarter now I can see why that was confusing.

I'm not as concerned about price. I wouldn't want something so large that it uses a AAA battery so I'm looking for SMALL - like the size of a couple of coins - the freedom micro would be the size of the units I've seen in a lot of stores - although it has been my experience the size of a flashlight doesn't always mean that it is a certain brightness - I've seen plenty of 2 cell AA flashlights that can be 4 times as bright just based on what bulb is in the unit. So if I have a bunch of small button cell units - what is the smallest one that is still bright?

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Thanks for all the responses.

I would say alot of keychain lights I've seen are about the size of three coins - taped together I chose the monetary unit of a quarter now I can see why that was confusing.

I'm not as concerned about price. I wouldn't want something so large that it uses a AAA battery so I'm looking for SMALL - like the size of a coin.

Well, these are probably the smallest, brightest coincell lights out there.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
My Photon II is very bright. No hesitation in recommending it. Those cheaper, Photon clones.... I have some experience with those. Yeah, some are just as bright. But a Photon actually has quality built into it. Don't let the use of plastic fool you. Imagine being out at night, in the rain, needing to use your light. A drop of water is often all it takes for one of those clones to malfunction. I once dropped my Photon II into a glass of water, just curious if it was really worth the $20 price tag. Afterwards, it still functioned perfectly!

I'm never going to waste a few bucks on those cheap clones ever again.

Last edited:

xiaowenzu

Banned
REX-lithium-ion-rechargeable-2T.jpg

Currently the brightest sucker on the market. The Photon REX... slightly larger than the Photon Freedom but MUCH MUCH smaller than any AAA light. 4 Nichia 2x brighter LEDS... brighter than any other 5mm LEDS on the Market today.

You can order them here:
http://www.photonlight.com/Photon-ReX-Keychain-LED-Flashlights-p/rex-lithium-ion-rechargeable.htm

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Draco is the light that fits the bill and answers your question; absolutely stunning output for its size and well built.

xiaowenzu

Banned
Well, preliminary estimates the Draco is outputting ~25 Lumens, which is along the output of the Photon REX. But here's the thing.... the original poster wanted a light that's small as his key chain alarm controller, and the Photon, IMO, fits this bill! :D

Secur1

Enlightened
Well, preliminary estimates the Draco is outputting ~25 Lumens

Are you serious ?!!!
The Draco i got, which was from the first Cree Draco's puts out easily OVER 100 lumens and like Gunner12 said the latest one puts out about 160 !
As for the size, i firmly believe that the Draco is absolutely perfect, it's small enough to be almost invisible on my keychain yet big enough to operate easily.
Granted it can be considered expensive but it's worth every single cent.
For the time being there is absolutely nothing out there that can rival it in size + brightness + versatility.

Greta

Flashaholic
Perhaps some of you missed Empath's post HERE. So I will repost it here in this thread for those of you who did.

As a matter of information, the practice of hitting the "Report Post" icon for each post that you find unfavorable is becoming tiresome. Such improper use of it could well be considered abuse of the system, and could be handled accordingly.

It is definately in everyone's best interest to take heed of that warning. You know who you are. This is your LAST warning!

Latest posts