Higher out put LED??? in the future

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Taking into consideration the past few additions into the LEd market, CREES, P4, rebels, Q5's...Is it feasible that we will see a 300 lumen 2 cell light with EDC capability, Remember when 5 watts were the "big dog"

jbosman1013

Enlightened
in a post not to long ago someone drove a few different led up to 1500mAh, one being the Q5. If my memory serves me right I think it toped out around 400lm. not sure how long it will last like that but it is still very impressive.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be a 2cell 123 light, or perhaps, IIRC i saw a "star" with 3 rebels on it somewhere, that would be a killer, i have never saw it on any light

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the way LED's have been improving, I wouldn't be surprised if we see 2-cell lights with 300 lumens coming out the front by this time next year, maybe sooner. It's impossible to guess because it seems like there is a magical break through every month. :)

Brozneo

Enlightened
Milky's U2 with 4 x Rebels is a EDC size - 2 CR123a's for power and on maximum (level 6) it puts out around 400lumens for one hour (standard level 6 runtime on the U2). That's pretty damn good! Can't wait to get mine!

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
dang right a milky would be nice, ..expensive though. any way if we do see a 300+ lumen light, any stabs on what manufacturer will produce the light with said LED

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
dang right a milky would be nice, ..expensive though. any way if we do see a 300+ lumen light, any stabs on what manufacturer will produce the light with said LED
Imagine a multi LED Fenix :whistle:at a decent price point

Gunner12

Flashaholic
When LEDs hit 150 lumen per watt at 700 mA, 300 lumens out the front shouldn't be too hard with one or two batteries.

I'm guessing this technology would be available in two years.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
Milky's U2 with 4 x Rebels is a EDC size - 2 CR123a's for power and on maximum (level 6) it puts out around 400lumens for one hour (standard level 6 runtime on the U2). That's pretty damn good! Can't wait to get mine!

what is this one?
tell me more :drool:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imagine a multi LED Fenix :whistle:at a decent price point

It's not too difficult to rubberband two or three L2D's together for a lot of light in a small package. It's not too difficult to have two or three on hand either ;)

thiswayup

Newly Enlightened
Beside the Milky U2, and possibly even nicer because of its epoxy potted electronics, vast number of battery options, and exceptional one handed operation, there's also the Peak First Responder - 3 state of the art LEDs with continuous brightness control.

Latest posts