Question for size15 or anyone who can answer?

JimmyT

Newly Enlightened
What is the purple flashlight in your Sig? Is that something we can buy?

Thanks
Jim

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's an A2 thats been anodized in SureFire's "Purple which is distinctly not their burgundy" color. I really doubt there are any for sale anywhere.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's an A2 thats been anodized in SureFire's "burgundy" color.
Sorry. Wrong.
It's not "burgundy" [like the WineLights].
It's purple. Meant to be purple. Is purple.

Im fairly sure there were 3 made and given to special SF supporting people, 15's being one. Isn't it pretty...
Sorry. Wrong.
A SureFire Dealer ordered them from SureFire. I purchased one. There are nine made that we know of.

There's a list of CPF'ers who own them but I've not been able to find it

Last edited:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, just for the record, which color LED's did you get with that one ?

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry. Wrong.
It's not "burgundy" [like the WineLights].
It's purple. Meant to be purple. Is purple.

So you're saying your purple A2, is like... purple?
:crackup:

That is a really nice light. Do you know if there is any more limited/rare Surefire products out there?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hers some pics I saved to share with others at times like these:grin2:

DSCF01531.jpg

DSCF09091.jpg

surefire-161.jpg

reflector1.jpg

buggs11.jpg

K2-PI-0011.jpg

DSCF09001.jpg

DSCF01511.jpg

DEFlights21.jpg

components2.jpg

al-u2a1.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've seen that Size15s has a yellow E1e..... I'm sure he probably has other rare/limited production surefire lighs and parts.
It's Golden.
P27.jpg

Or perhaps you mean this one?
Also Golden.
P315.jpg

BTW, the "Purple Inspection Light" (photo by Shelby Chan) is a current SureFire product (there are threads here on CPF about it).
The DARPA Experimental Flashlights (DEF) were also production items although only specific quanities were produced for the project. Limited overspill were sold off as PKEF (PK Experimental Flashlights)

You may notice that the M500C proto-type you have posted is sitting on PK's desk.

I think its important to differentiate between limited/rare/one-off versions of known products (different colour versions for example), and proto-types.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Golden E with "Size 15" is the bomb! :thumbsup: How special is that!! :wave:

Size15's

Flashaholic
I had a quick browse through my SureFire photo collection (several thousand photos) looking for black L1's and must have seen about two dozen colourful SureFires (not including the rainbow (collective noun) or camouflage (another collective noun) of classic 6P's.
I don't have very many at all.

Illum

Flashaholic
Im fairly sure there were 3 made and given to special SF supporting people, 15's being one. Isn't it pretty...

heh....I know of 6 purples the exist currently
1 is the guru, 3 is of user curse, and 2 is of a "user Aurora" over at flashlightforum.hk

supposedly its a batch made...like the A2-BKs...I found the thread on A2-BK index on the forum, but I can't seem to find one or the purples nor the thread Size15's mentioned about the rarities...[I think somewhere I overlooked something]

Last edited:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't EricMack have one as well? Or am I getting confused?

Yes, I have a purple (from Curse, IIRC). A copper and black camo E1 as well, which is a one-off. :) A black A2 as well, though I don't consider those all that rare.