Rayovac Aspheric LED, with beam shots

KingGlamis

Banned
Today I was at Wally Mart and I saw this Rayovac light with what appears to be an aspheric lens. It was only $5 so I figured "what the heck" and bought it. This light runs off of three AAA cells and has a claimed run time of 100 hours. The lens is not adjustable, so it's spot-only. While not a powerhouse, it certainly holds its own in the $5 light field. Here are some pics...

IMGP0836.jpg

This is my bedroom wall at about 15 feet distance.

IMGP0829.jpg

And this is my back brick wall at about 20+ feet.

IMGP0832.jpg

For 5 bucks it's a decent back-up light, just another one to have around for emergencies.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I've seen those. So it's LED eh? Looks nice. I'll have to pick some up, maybe for the kids' for stocking stuffers. :)

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
God always with the 3xAAAs!:rant:

Other than that not a bad little light for $5. Easy access to the emitter? Always wanted to drive one really hard with a better led. (I assume its a 5mm) Looks like a good cheap host to try it with. Does it have the usual generic battery holder?

While kind of useless I always giggle when I see a "moon" beam-profile. Theres a soft spot in my wallet for them.

KingGlamis

Banned
God always with the 3xAAAs!:rant:

Other than that not a bad little light for $5. Easy access to the emitter? Always wanted to drive one really hard with a better led. (I assume its a 5mm) Looks like a good cheap host to try it with. Does it have the usual generic battery holder?

While kind of useless I always giggle when I see a "moon" beam-profile. Theres a soft spot in my wallet for them.

I think the piece that holds the emitter in is glued because I can't get it apart. Yes, generic battery holder.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great price if you're looking for a focused beam. I don't like the 3aaa battery option, though. The dorcy 1aaa with the lens would be a better option.

How about some pics of the inside?

Phaetos

Enlightened
I was actually considering getting the 2 pack of these as presents for the grandkids, 2 girls that love flashlights already at 5 and 3. One of them just won't put down a light once she gets a hold on it. Wonder how durable they are considering kids will be banging them around? How about tossing it around for a few hours then tell us how well they work? :grin2:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
My mom got one of these a while ago, I was quite impressed with how bright the hotspot was, but they made the mistake of putting a reflector instead of a white spacer one the inside, giving it a ringy spill. The Dorcy aaa is more of a floody moon beam, the green River Rock 1aa is a really nice alternative and has an even more intense moon beam than the Rayovac.

It seems that you'll have to drill out the rivet/postive contact to get it open.