LED for Maglite Solitaire

Gerhard

Newly Enlightened
I just upgraded my old Solitaire, using the ARC mania LED module which I bought from qarawol ($ 13.85 incl. shipping in USA). I am very pleased with the new brightness of my Solitaire. I estimate it is about the same or better than a non-converted Mini Mag. The Solitaire is a fully useable flashlight now. I always liked the slim shape of the Solitaire, but the light it produced was never really great. The focusing still works very well with the LED. I believe this is a unique feature for a keychain light. My Solitaire looks a bit old and beat up from long use, so I will certainly surprise people who don't expect this light from an old Solitaire.

Thanks qarawol!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! Since the light has seen a bit of use, I bet people will be quite surprised with the output, and will probably notice right away the color is different.

I tried one for a very short time, it seemed nice, but the copper one I use from time to time looks good with the 'copper' tint of the incan.

However, I have a handful of LED upgrades that I will put to use in time. I'll probably be upgrading a solitaire as a gift for someone in the next couple of weeks and will have to play with them more. I love the colors the Solitaires are available in, but the L0D has just proven too handy to replace as the keychain EDC. I have to find more uses for the Solitaires because I don't just want all of them to be shelf queens.

sims2k

Enlightened
I keep two solitaires in my laptop bag...bought them a long time ago...looks like new. They just needed an upgrade and I am going for the LED upgrade.