i know ya all will know the answer whats a cheap decent alarm system?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
x10 Protector Plus Home & Family Security System thats what ive been looking at.kinda seems like a infomercial to me.i guess i really need wireless because it would be imposable to wire it with walls already in my house i have 2 main points of entry that im worried about and a cat so motion sensors would have to be able to overlook her

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I just did a search on eBay for home alarm systems. There's quite a range of stand alone alarms with motion detectors as well as a lot of wireless alarms with multiple sensors for doors, windows, etc...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah sigman i did google to but all i found was places that sell em and they a course ranged as ya said i kinda want to here from people who have owned em.i learned a lot but am way still un sure whats the best alarm for around 100 figured this forum would be a good place to find answers due to lots of are members are into security to.i used to love google but lately i have found it dont work as good not sure why.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
rofl im blind you said ebay man its to early and my brain is still in bed lol.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have 2 main points of entry that im worried about

Hang a bell on the back of each door.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Raggie, I'd suggest magnetic sensors on the doors and PIR sensors aimed high enough to ignore the cat. Better PIR sensors have both adjustable sensitivity and duration-of-motion threshold adjustments. I'd probably buy the wireless transmitters off the shelf and shop for some good PIR sensors to connect to them.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i have 2 main points of entry that im worried about

Hang a bell on the back of each door.
that wont work if im not home i don't think anyone is going to break in when im here..

pw ill look into that