Sam's Club Element 3 Watt

Chet

Newly Enlightened
Hello I am new here, I was at Sam's Club yesterday and saw this package of (2) Element 3 watt flashlights, . are there better choices than the Sam's club packages, I want to get the latest technology lights, I am reading about this new technology called Cree emitters ect want to stay within AA batteries.any opinions,

Thanks
Chet

Phaetos

Enlightened
Man, that's opening a can of worms around here :poke: First thing everyone else is going to ask you is "how much are you willing to spend?". Be careful or all your money can go :poof: around here pretty quick :crackup:(i seem to be falling in love with these stupid smilies :grin2:) . I'm sure more people will be around soon enough to ask for more info and :welcome:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Are there any better light, of course there are.

As Phaetos said, what's your price range?

Why don't you start with a bang and buy a Fenix L2D-CE Q5(8% off coupon is "CPF8")?

Or if you want to star cheaper and simpler(On and off, no modes), hows the WF-606 or the 3W Seoul(actually, the MTE Seoul has around the same out the front lumens as the maglite 4D, just much more spread out, the MTE Rebel 100 has a bit more output).

Also check out the Welcome Mat and the CPF Wiki.

Simply put, the newer LEDs(Cree XR-E P4-R2 bin, Seoul P4 U Bin, Luxeon Rebel 100) will create twice or more light for the same power as the previous Luxeon I, III, V and K2. The Sams Club light probably uses the Luxeon III.

The Cree P4(Bins in order of increasing brightness/efficiency, P3, P4, Q2 ,Q3, Q4, Q5, R2) produces more light at 350 mA then most Luxeon IIIs produce at 1000 mA.

Chet

Newly Enlightened
I noticed a lot of the lights some of you suggested are from DX Dealexpress, are there any dealers online here in the states so I can get them in a few days & who carrys a selection like he does and especially the prices they seem very reasonable, I want to get a few for Christmas presents.

Chet