Am I the only one to have preordered the HDS Twistie?

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks like it might be pretty close to an ideal EDC light for me, although beating the SF L1 for that is going to be a trick! I just hope it comes in a reasonable amount of time!

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup I've got a TR70 on preorder. I can't wait to try it out on a late night walk with my pitbull! The red/white LED feature sounds awesome as well for morning/midnight house movement!

Mayo

Ritch

Enlightened
Owning two HDS EDC Ultimates and a NovaTac 120P, I like their UI and the diversity of light setups. The HDS Hompage says "other products coming soon ..." So I am not in a hurry, I'll wait for Henrys next strike. ;)

richard

thermal guy

Flashaholic
i preordered a TR70. first because its a hds and it just has to be a great light second because there is no way that I'm going to miss the boat on these just in case there is some problem with hds down the road.

luminata

Enlightened
I pre-ordered the 100 . still debating if I should switch to the 70 with low red. The only thing holding me back is the quality of the red, if it is gonna be a mishapen beam with alot of rings/artifacts or smooth and sorta floody. If the red was really "crappy" I think the low white would be better for me. I think once again alot on CPF wait until the lights are in others hands before buying. Though I myself tend to be overly cautious in life, with flashlights I can't help myself and usually take the plunge (especially on a manufacturer like HDS)if I have the $ to cover it. I just really like the thought that went into the reliability of the Twisty. Though I would have liked the option to go briter, and a 4th level would have been nice, 3 should be sufficient

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks like it might be pretty close to an ideal EDC light for me, although beating the SF L1 for that is going to be a trick!
I pre-ordered the 100. The L1 is a great light, but the killer for me is Surefire doesn't embrace rechargeable cells.

I have an A2, U2, and e2e. They are great lights. but if you really use them a lot, you run through lots of cells.

At this point I prioritize my purchases toward manufacturers who actively support rechargeable cells.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I've got a TR70 on the way (eventually). The way I figure it is that I already have the superbright high programmable clickie Novatac 120P, so the Tr70 will be a nice change of pace: twistie, bombproof, simpler UI, less bright but potentially more reliable LED, red night vision preserving etc etc.

I'm hoping I get it by xmas!

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I'm waiting for reviews and beamshots. I like the idea of 100 lumens and a wider beam, but I love red led's. The more I think about these lights the more I want one. As long as they are about as good as his old EDC's (and I can't imagine them not being as good), I'm probably in for at least one.

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
I tried to resist - wait and read reviews. That failed (given my previous HDS experience, I'm sure that Henry won't disapoint!)

Last week, I made the choice of white only ultra rugged. If it gets dropped 20 feet onto concrete, I'm betting that it will still work :)

Now comes the impatient time of waiting. . . . . . .

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to sit back and wait for reviews. I'm very interested in the red one, but am saddened by the fact that the red option doesn't go bright enough (yea yea don't flame me). I need more information on the LEDs and whats going on in there before I make a decision. If there had been only one model I probably would have pre ordered. But with multiple models, and me knowing that I likely won't get all of them, I will wait and make the best decision I can.

luminata

Enlightened
Savage, there is a different LED used in the 3 models. It's just not clear exactly what is being used on the extra "reliable" models. I was thinking a SSC for the 100 model but we won't know until people get them and take a look.

There should not be a noticeable diiference between the Novatacs stated 120 lumens and the HDS 100 lumens. If you had both side by side and spent sometime really glaring at the two beams on a white wall and kept turning them on/off,on/off you may see the slightest difference but most would not see any difference. And the runtime and level of output on the HDS is going to be significantly improved because of this slight difference. It will have a flatter,longer discharge rate and actually maintain a true 100 lumens out the front for longer just by running at a bit lower. Though I myself have always been a sucker for the britest output, as of late my theories have begun to change and become more "refined" towards details like these.

mightysparrow

Enlightened
I'm coming closer and closer to ordering one-- especially because I've been unable to fix the intermittent, prolonged pulsing of my NovaTac 120P's. I am having trouble deciding on which HDS model to buy, however-- it is my belief, based on the posts by others and by Henry on CPF, that the ultra-reliable LED is probably the SSC. Some have commented that the Cree's tend to fall apart more often then the SSC, and Henry made a comment (I'm paraphrasing) indicating that the maker of the ultra-reliable LED goes to pains with the contruction to make sure the risk of that is minimized. I'm thinking that the Cree is probably more efficient, based on the comments of others in CPF. Of course, I could have misinterpreted the information I've seen.

I'm just summarizing the thoughts of others here, as I'm not claiming the expertise to judge the differences and relative qualities of the LED's myself.

paulr

Flashaholic
I'll probably buy a tr70 but don't see much point to preordering. Projects like this are fraught with delays so I'll wait til lights are actually available before coughing up the cash. If that means I don't get one of the very first lights off the line and I have to wait a little longer than those who preordered, I can live with that. It's not like I'm short of flashlights as it is.

luminata

Enlightened
I was actually thinking the opposite only because Henry had stated the 100 model has a "wider" beam and the 70 series is a more "narrow" beam. SSC seem to be floodier and Crees more of a thrower? Maybe the "reliable" led is a special CREE model with a glued dome and Beefier construction of some sort?

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just preordered from BatteryStation. FYI, Kevin @ BS says the allotted preorder qty is nearly sold out! Get in now! :twothumbs