I JUST GOT MY FIRST SF ! ! ! ! ! ! !

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
One word describes my new 6PL: Perfection.

Just spent $84.00 well earned dollars on a new Surefire. I think I was crying in line at Lowes, cause it was so beautiful. Took it home, played with it for a little while. Perfect tight hotspot with a wide spill-beam. Best chunk of change I ever spent.

P.S.- This will be the third flashlight I've gotten in a month. Flashaholism is getting to me.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I just wanted to say welcome to CPF since I don't think I caught you very first post.
:welcome:

And...congratulations on your first Surefire. I'm sure that you'll get many years of enjoyment out of it.

What were the other two flashlights that you've purchased?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on getting a SF. You'll come to really appreciate and love the quality of these lights. Let me know when you get your first M6! You know you want one... :)

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
Maglite 3D (then the Terralux Mini-Star5 upgrade :D). Nuwai X-3 (rebadged as Rayovac 3 watt Xtreme). And now the SF !!

Gunner12

Flashaholic

Good choice of light, now you will only crave more.

I'm glad that Lowes now has Surefire and Cree LED lights, really good way to enlighten people(and show them what a good LED can do).

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
:welcome: Start looking for that second job now!! I got my first SF back in March of this year and now I have 10!! Good choice for your first light. What other two did you buy? :)

Boris

Newly Enlightened
I remember that feeling. my first surefire. i have now many other lights, but my e2l, for me is the most beautiful one. Congratulations, and keep your wallet safe. i know what I'm saying....

Brozneo

Enlightened
Haha good choice! But get ready for the financial onslaught... Either start earning lots of $$$ or hide your credit card!

Geode

Enlightened
One word describes my new 6PL: Perfection.

Just spent $84.00 well earned dollars on a new Surefire. I think I was crying in line at Lowes, cause it was so beautiful. Took it home, played with it for a little while. Perfect tight hotspot with a wide spill-beam. Best chunk of change I ever spent.

P.S.- This will be the third flashlight I've gotten in a month. Flashaholism is getting to me.

Congratulations! Keep your box of kleenex and your wallet handy. You are on the path to the U2 or M6.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's funny is everyone raves about the 2C Cree P4 Chinalight at Lowe's for $39.99, but when you see it next to a G2L or 6PL, it doesn't look like such a hot deal anymore.

djblank87

Enlightened

Now, to aviod going broke do the following:

1. Block CPF so you can bever come back. Staying here will make you all of the sudden need a lot of lights you would neve have needed before :candle:
2. Do not walk around your home in the dark just so you can use your new SF 6PL, it only makes you want more.
3. Let your wife handle all the money.

You have the basic idea and while of course I'm just playing around becuase CPF is flat out great and there is a ton to learn form everyone here, welcome and enjoy your new light.

Last edited:

Taboot

Enlightened
I'm considering getting a SureFire myself. I have a number of bright flashlights but I feel like I must be missing out. I finally held one the other day (E2L Outdoorsman - $130). It seemed really well built and the switch was really nice. There is also a certain mystique about SF. It didn't seem that bright though, compared to my lights. I was in a well lit store and who knows the condition of the batteries, though.

Just gotta have one though :naughty: I think the C3 is the one for me.

xiaowenzu

Banned
I'm considering getting a SureFire myself. I have a number of bright flashlights but I feel like I must be missing out. I finally held one the other day (E2L Outdoorsman - $130).
I don't mean to be harsh, but yep, I think you're definitely missing out.. I too was like you before, not knowing whether to spend more than $100+ dollar for a light - my previous diets consisted of Maglites, and Photon Freedoms... until one day I became a full blown Flashoholic. :paypal:That's when I purchased my first Surefire U2, I was HOOKED!:D I've never seen a more perfect beam pattern, throw, tint and balance. The light is just the right size for one's palm, not to big and not too heavy... it's just right.:thumbsup: In today's fragmented market of 'flavour of the week crees', the SF U2 LED, still holds it's own impressively. That's because Surefire measures it's light output - 'AS IT LEAVES THE LIGHT', NOT at the emitter like Chinese lights. That's why people are always surprise their friend's 100Lu Surefire appears much brighter than their '140' Lumen 'X-Brand' light. :D
Surefire is the 'Steaks' of lights ... once you've tasted juicy steaks, it's pretty hard to go back to eating hamburgers... hamburgers representing cheaper lights.:paypal:

And the thing is that cheapo lights, such as Fenix and other Chinese lights are priced so high these days, and IMO their quality is lacking for their price.. it creates even more incentives to buy Surefires and other American branded goodies.:wave:

Last edited: