Centurion C3+KL3 anyone using one?

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
how much bigger is it than a lumamax L1. It will do about 19lumens vs 14-15lumens and it will run 7 hours. is the KL3 the same or similar color of the L1? the KL3 is also out of stock any reason?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
a C2 is longer and wider than an L1, and the C3 is even longer. i would say the C3 is almost twice the size of an L1, which is about the size of an E2e /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is much much bigger. I can post a pic tonight if you want to see an L1 and a C3 w/ KL3 side by side. Send me an email and remind me 'cause I won't get home until fairly late.

I have both, and as soon as payment arrives the KL3HA is gone and the C3 will be going back to its regular LA. The KL3HA makes the C3 just about impossible (for me) to carry and use as a pocket light, negating the advantage of the clip and HAIII finish.

Out of 2 KL3s, 2 KL1s and 1 L1 I am hard pressed to really make out that much difference in any of them except for some being slightly more purple than others. Also, some have slightly more defined hotspots than others, but outside in the world there is no real difference in output that my eyes can tell. All of them work great for short to medium range flood/work lights, none of them compare to any of the Surefire xenon LAs past 10-15 yards (IMHO). The big advantage of the 3 cell light with a kl1 or kl3 is extended runtime.

Danny

llvo

Enlightened
My KL3 sits on my D3
My KL1 sits on my E1e

One is too big, one is too small

But they have similar output while KL3 on D3 last for 7 hrs and KL1 on E1e last for 1.5 hr

The KL3-D3 is for hiking/camping
The KL1-E1e is for EDC

Enjoy yours,
Billy

eelnoraa

Newly Enlightened
Where can I possibly get a black KL3?
I have call and email so many dealer, but none of them carry any KL3 in any finish. Any reason for the short supply?

eel

Deviant

Enlightened
the C3+KL3 combo is the approximately the same length as a SF 9N. I normally prefer my lights to be on the bigger side cos they are easier to handle and the long runtime is another plus point

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a pic to help give you a better idea of sizes. Left to right: C3 w/KL3, 6P w/KL3, L1.

fc855dcd.jpg

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
cool not much longer than the e2e. I hope the KL6 is released soon the C3 would be a great LED powered 85lumen light. what do you expect battery life to be on a C3+KL6?

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
hugodrax,

i don't know what your defnition is for BIG, but the picture above shows the L1 at the very right. From what i gather, the L1 is roughly the same length. (L1=4.9' E2e= 4.5")

The C3 is a 3-cell flashlight. Without the KL3 head, it is 2 inches larger than an E2e.