Shopping Help: NYC, Detroit, Vegas

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will be traveling to NYC, Detroit and a brief stop at Las Vegas.

If there is enough time, I would like to visit some hardware stores to pick up tools for a mini lathe
(cutting tools, taps etc).

Anyone know good brick and mortar stores in the area?

I'd be interested in Surfire lights (a Titan if I'm lucky?) and tactical nylon gear too.

TIA

h2xblive

Enlightened
I believe Iceberg Army Navy of Soho (In New York City) has some Surefire flashlights, although more expensive than an online merchant. They're on 452 Broadway.

Last edited:

djblank87

Enlightened
Here in Vegas if you want to pick up Surefire products there are plenty of places away from the strip of course.

Calvada Police Equipment: The do not have a website sorry.
Quarter Master: Mostly Pelican lights in our local store. One or Two SF's.
Discount Firearms: Close to the strip and great people to deal with. They have top end stuff and sell at good prices.

The Gun Store and American Shooters here in Vegas are nice stores but there pricing it way up there and would be a waste of your time. They suck lots of cash out of tourist.

Example: AR-15, 30 round mag at full auto will cost you sevety-five dollars to shoot in there store and as most know that goes down range in a hurry.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there's a gun show in Las Vegas for the time you're there, it'll definitely be worth a visit. You can get all the tacticool nylon gear you can imagine at gun shows, and cheap.

There's a Bass Pro Shops just outside Vegas a short drive from the Strip. This store is worth a visit even if you don't intend on buying anything. They do carry the popular Surefires (e.g. no M6, Beast or Hellfighter).

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all, very useful info.

I will definately try to get to Travers. My only concern that it will be right during Thanksgiving..

Any price in the US for SF lights should be much cheaper than what I can find at home.
Looking forward to purchasing an L1 :)

Nylon gear will be for carrying photo equipment. I will check if there are any gun shows while in Vegas.

Other stuff like Greased Lightning (see here https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/58899&)
I hope to find at a Walmart.

Thanks again for all your help :thumbsup:

turkdc

Newly Enlightened
There is a Bass Pro Shop at Great Lakes Crossing Mall (about 30 miles north of the city of Detroit (I-75 exit 83 (I think))). They have a pretty good selection of Surefires.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to all, I was able to check out Paragon and a Home Depot in Manhattan.
Unfortunately, no time to visit Travers.

I am in Detroit now, and was pleased to find a Gander Mtn near my hotel. A Surefire sticker was proudly
presented at the entrance, and they had a collection of the more common models.
I was considering the latest L1, but may actually purchase the older flat sided one (green LED, 110$) which
was gathering dust in the corner to take back home and mod. I do not think I am the only one who
finds the old design most appealing.

I will visit the Bass Pro Shop turkdc mentioned as it is within an hours drive.
Thanks again :)