• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB...services.....Need someone to convert a lux KL1 to Seoul with reflector...

clipse

Enlightened
I would like to have my KL1 converted to a Seoul SSC with a reflector instead of the Luxeon w/tir thats in it now.

Who will do it? and about how much will it cost me?

Thanks,

clipse

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little patience and you can do that yourself.

1. Open up the head( not easy, but not imposible to do)
2. Grab yourself a MCR20-S reflector available at the Shop
3. Get a SEOUL emitter, Photonfanatic provides those...Go nowhere else.
4. (optional) Grab a UCL lens from flashlightlens.com (22.8mm)
5. Desolder old emmiter, and install new one
6. Intall reflector
7. Put everithing back togheter.
8. Done!! Change callsign form KL1 to KS1-R!!:thumbsup:

Thats basically how I did mine, opening up the reflector is a complicated task, thats why most people leave this to Pros like Milky... I used strap wrenches and the bottom part came out effortlesly, but the heatsink part I had to torch it a bit to soften up the locktite. The rest was soldering. here are some links to threads involving this mod.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/121944

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/152197

Try doing a search for kl1-r on CPF proper, you will be amazed at the results. Enjoy!

clipse

Enlightened
I'm pretty much a 'do-it-yourselfer' but when it comes to lights, I'ld rather leave it to pros so I don't completely screw something up.

Calling Milky......(or atleast I'm going to shoot him a PM)

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty much a 'do-it-yourselfer' but when it comes to lights, I'ld rather leave it to pros so I don't completely screw something up.

Calling Milky......(or atleast I'm going to shoot him a PM)
:thumbsup:

clipse

Enlightened
Well, I guess Milky's PM box is full. I'll have to try again tomorrow. :)

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hardest part is getting those darn heads open! Sometimes they are hard, other times they are damn hard! I haven't cracked one yet. Everybody says use strap wrenches but the ones I tried (Craftsman) just slip. I've tried leather and pliers with a heat gun too. Same result! Good luck!

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hardest part is getting those darn heads open! Sometimes they are hard, other times they are damn hard! I haven't cracked one yet. Everybody says use strap wrenches but the ones I tried (Craftsman) just slip. I've tried leather and pliers with a heat gun too. Same result! Good luck!
Hmm I used some cheap-sold-on-tv type I got at Walgreens for 3 bucks. I guess mine was soft. I soften the heatsink part with one of those handheld torches that shoot out the blue flame, heat it up for a couple seconds then try, dont hold it too long in there or the orings and optic will suffer. Good luck.

high-side

Newly Enlightened
Same story here with the Craftsman strap wrenches.
I ended up wrapping a strip of rubber around the head, and then tighten a automotive hose clamp outside the rubber. Hold the hose clamp with a pair of channel lock pliers. Plenty of grip with no slip or scratches on the head.:thumbsup: