Disappointed with Li-ion 3.7 123s

crocodilo

Enlightened
Some time ago I got four AW Li-ion 3.7 protected bats (750 mAh), and an Ultrafire WF-138. They have been through no more than four or five cicles of use.
I've been using them with good results to power up my babies, but today I did a more exhaustive test: fresh charged bats, dropped onto these lights, with the following results in runtime:

SF C2 with Lighthound Cree drop-in (750mA): 1h04m
Fenix P1 CE: 0h55m
Fenix P1: 0h43m

I know that primaries would give less lumens but more runtime. Even so, the times I got were quite low, even for guilt-free lumens.

Do you think these times are normal? Would a different brand of batteries extend these times significantly? Or should I give up and only use primaries for EDC and leave the rechargeables for around the house use?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I am not sure you have a problem. The best RCR123's, for mAh under a good load, the Powerizer, is only about 600mAh, The CR123's are showing about 1200-1300mAh, maybe some are rated a little higher, so your RCR123's are not doing that bad. Do not be confused about the high mAh rating given to some RCR123, it just isn't so, particularly at a current draw much over 500mA's.

Bill