1st and LAST time dealing with Battery Junction

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRBIGGIN

Newly Enlightened
I purchased my Fenix P3D and needed good rechargeable CR123a's to go with it. Battery Junction was recommended somewhere on CPF, so I ordered the Battery Charger that comes with 4 CR123a Tenergy Batteries. Upon arrival 2 of the 4 were bad, I promptly sent them an email telling them that 2 were bad....I couldnt believe it when they requested I send them back at my expense, before they would send me 2 replacements - Arent these dumb batteries like $1 each? Wheres the logic here?
Wouldnt it be good customer service to send 2 batteries instead of hassling the customer more for time and costs?
Last time I deal with Battery Junction! Maybe someone could recommend a better place?
Thanks

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best rechargable cells I've used were the AW brand, but they might not be best for the Fenix. Probably better to put this in the jeer forum.

MRBIGGIN

Newly Enlightened
Yes totally agree "JEERS" is where this belongs, I hit the wrong group now, I dont know how to transfer it!

Dantor

Enlightened
I'm sorry to hear about your hassle. I've ordered from them and had great service and product, even considering the low price I payed.

MattK is an excellent guy who has helped out many. I would email him and see what he can do. Look for him in the dealers corner section.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think moving threads is a moderator only activity. As Dantor mentioned MattK is a member here and represents Battery Junction. See if he can help you out.

SolarMan

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a Lumapower Lumahunter M-1 cree from BatteryJunction.

The 2 stage clickey did not work...and they did not ask me to send it back. They promptly sent a new one out.

Sorry to hear about your hassle. :thumbsdow

ps: those tenergy batteries are junk. I threw all of mine out and got AW's ... perhaps their mistake is selling cheap batteries in the first place!

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I assume you meant to say RCR123 batteries (rechargeables). THe regular 123 batteries are in the $1 range...the RCR123 are more like $5 range.

Sometimes the RCR batteries are a bit trying, and could need more than one attempt to work.

Almost all of the vendors on our site go out of their way to make good on their products. No one has perfect batteries...I've gotten bad ones- and so have lots of others... if you're getting standard batteries, may I recommend the Panasonic 123's that Battery Junction also sells.

Good luck.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I've placed more orders with Battery Junction than I can count on two hands, and have had nothing but A#1 service from them. I would give them a chance to work this out with you before pronouncing judgment on them. They are a great group of people, and have always been very fair with me. I don't remember seeing any complaints about them since I've been a member here.

Rob Bond

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Isn't this the same Dealer that someone posted about sending out NEW SureFire Titans which were already out of the bubble-wrap? That in itself would keep me away from them, let alone your reported issue.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't it be better to do a little research and find out if something is actually true before passing along second hand information(AKA rumor) that may do harm to a trusted and well respected vendor, who is also a well liked and long standing member of our community?

Isn't this the same Dealer that someone posted about sending out NEW SureFire Titans which were already out of the bubble-wrap? That in itself would keep me away from them, let alone your reported issue.

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read more than one post where members have asked vendors to pretest their orders to be sure they work or wonder why they don't. So, one member's complaint might be just what another wants.

GBone

Newly Enlightened
I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience.

The only thing I can say is I have had very positive experiences with Battery Junction. This includes a time they shipped out 50 of the wrong 123A's and with one phone call sent out the proper 50 that same day with a return label for me to ship back there mistake 50 on there dollar.

Perhaps speaking to Matt directly would be best... good luck!

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lighthound requires you to send the item back, but they also send you the replacement item to you first with a prepaid envelope to send the wrong/defective item back. They also respond quickly.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear you are having issues with that vendor. Myself I've had good service so far, however I haven't needed to send anything back yet.
I can see both sides of the issue of sending the item back. Given the net worth of the items though it is kind of strange. If you feel that having to send defective items back at your own expense is wrong, then I fully support your decision not to buy from them again.
Hope things get resolved.

da.gee

Enlightened
I've bought a few times from Battery Junction. On my last order got a bad E2L Cree (bad clickie, funky crack or strange filament in lens) and also had to pay shipping back to BJ. Wasn't overly pleased to do so but wanted resolution on a $130 item. Since my original order was 2nd day air I was also not terribly pleased to have it shipped back regular shipping. Problem was resolved (they even called to ask what the problem was) but perhaps some review on this policy may be in order.

Akita

Newly Enlightened
Posted by SolarMan:
ps: those tenergy batteries are junk. I threw all of mine out and got AW's ... perhaps their mistake is selling cheap batteries in the first place!

I've had the just the opposite experience.

My AW's went to the landfill and my Tenergys are still going strong.
I think everything depends on who the actual manufacturer is and that changes on a monthly basis.
I had a dozen spanking new LI CR123 Surefire brand batteries marked 2015 that lasted 20 whole minutes per pair in my G2...I think Sanyo was the OEM...pure junk compared to Panasonic LI CR123s MIJ.

All of my Tenergy NiMH rechargables are still going strong after two years of hard usage and hundreds of recharges.

Next batch of Tenergy batteries I buy might be junk,there are no guarantees for any brand,even with a fancy name on the label.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a wrong holster in one of my many orders from them, and they also sent me a return shipping label when they sent me the new holster. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Battery Junction.

I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience.

The only thing I can say is I have had very positive experiences with Battery Junction. This includes a time they shipped out 50 of the wrong 123A's and with one phone call sent out the proper 50 that same day with a return label for me to ship back there mistake 50 on there dollar.

Perhaps speaking to Matt directly would be best... good luck!

javafool

Enlightened
I returned a new flashlight at my expense to BatteryJunction last week that was defective. They received my defective flashlight last Friday.
I am working with Matt to exchange the flashlight for another brand, with me paying the difference. I am awaiting a reply and hope to continue being a satisfied BatteryJunction customer. We shall see???

Status
Not open for further replies.