IR Filters - What are they worth?

Raccoon

Enlightened
Sorry, I've been gone for the better part of two years... but it still surprises me that IR filters are such a big deal even today. IIRC, in the early days of green DPSS lasers and leadlight pointers, there was never a question that IR filters were present, but I have no idea what's going on now.

ANYWAY.

I have connections with an optics company down the street from me. I can probably have some IR filters fashioned to spec if given specs and a demand for them.

So, give me an idea of a typical or universal diameter that would satisfy this demand, and an idea of what people are willing to pay for them, and I'll get back to you.

More specifically, if I could get an idea of a required pass-band or stop-band, I can determine what specs would be cheapest to produce. Naturally, narrow bands are more expensive to produce, so take that into consideration.

comozo

Enlightened
How about short focal length plano-concave lenses that have focal lengths of less than -6mm and diameters of 6 or more millimeters ? Oh, almost forgot. And AR coated for 532nm ?

Raccoon

Enlightened
Pretty inexpensive ($10) compared to other sites I see people posting, who want $70 and up. Thats why I was proposing having some made.

I am curious though, if this particular filter can stop a full 1 watt of IR. How much would leak at >1W, because even 5% would be 50mW of IR.

ALSO, 10x10mm square is much too large to fit in most laser devices. I was thinking 3~5mm diameter circles.

Last edited: