Limited Edition Surefire 6P USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToddM

Enlightened
Seems surefire is selling limited edition (though they don't say how limited) 6P flashlights in red/white/blue anodized for $50 on their site.

A great price on a 6P and limited edition surefire. Hard to beat that. Though it doesn't look like they have the anti roll bezel or lock out tail cap. Could be just a new idea to move some old stock, but a neat one at that.

Todd

ake

Newly Enlightened
photo looks different from the description though.

"For a limited time the best selling 6P is available in red, white, and blue. This light is available only at SureFire.com and is limited to stock on hand. Show your true colors and save big on a great light.

High quality aircraft grade aluminum construction, featuring precision machining with the addition of a Lock-Out Tail Cap to prevent accidental discharge of light during tactical operations, transportation, or storage. Provides either 65 lumens for one hour or 120 lumens for 20 minutes, depending on which lamp assembly is used. New body accents for better ergonomics with an anti-roll bezel."

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it comes with LOTC and ARB, I will buy one. I'm off to place a call. Oop's, 5:45 there. o.k. In two hours, I will make a call (or ring as our overseas friends say).

Darell. Add ARB to the list of acronyms.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The SureFire website need someone [like me] to sort it out. Seriously, for a Beast, I will devote my time & effort to sorting it out!

BTW, I think I'm gonna have to get one of these...

Al

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered mine today. I decided if I was going to collect SF's, this is one of the most collectable. I started to get 2, one for a gift....then I realized I didn't like anyone that much.
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
TX

ToddM

Enlightened
Surefire Emailed me back.

They do not have the anti roll bezel or the lock out tailcap. They made 1000 of them but are not numbered.

Todd

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish you hadn't posted that picture. Think I'll call & change my order to 2, one for each hand.
rolleyes.gif
TX
rolleyes.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kogatana:
I personally prefer the profile of the older 6P. The dimensions of the newer models are somewhat superflous. The original version was no less that revolutionary; dimunitive yet astoundingly (comparatively) powerful. The length and girth of the vernacular model has grown and as much as the change is evolutionary, it is somewhat of a "step back."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My sentiments exactly. I also prefer the "classic" 9P to its contemporary version, and even to the M3, because of its unobtrusive profile and light weight.

Brightnorm

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I really like the look of that mini mag. If the Surefire had a design like that, I'd want to buy ten of 'em. Then again, my wallet wouldn't appreciate that...

ToddM

Enlightened
Yep I have to agree, I'll take a surefire light over a maglite any day of the week.

That said the difference in quality of a maglite to a surefire is the difference in how bad surefire's USA model looks compared to that maglite USA flag model. If the 6P looked anything like that maglite scheme I'd have bought 2 already and probably go back for more. Dare I say it the scheme surefire went with well just looks cheap.

Todd

kubolaw

Enlightened
If anyone lives in the Bay Area (San Francisco), I was just at the Palo Alto Frys today and they had the Flag-design 2AA MiniMag for $9.90. The regular 2AA MiniMags were $9.95, either with a cordura(?) holster or a package including a anti-roll head cap (rubber, I think), a lanyard, and a metal clip. I think they all came with batteries also, but for some reason I can't recall for sure.

They also had some Pelican Mitylites and VersaBrites and a bunch of Photon-esque LED lights. I was sorely tempted by the Inova Micro Lights - they must take the prize for tiniest brightest light (at least in my mind's comparison to my old Photon original) - and much cheaper at $8.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.