Another Size15s Question.......Help!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was finally able to get my hands on an M111D Military Series Handgun Weaponlight!

I would like to know if I can use the LM15 and basically have an M6 mounted to my handgun? I have seen no other pictures of this LM15 and don't know much about it. It seems like it would work....just hoping the master could enlighten me....and include ANY pics of these that you have.

Thanks, Tim

M3W-T1.jpg

opticsplanet_1974_4762927431.jpg

lightemup

Flashaholic*
My 2 cents barrel clearance / practical mounting issues aside:

In my opinion you'd be looking at using the MN15 and MN16 lamps (i.e. think M3T equivelent) with the turbohead. In my experience the MN21 and MN20 lamps of the M6 aren't compatible when only using a 3 battery setup.

I could be wrong though, hopefully further help will be given :)

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will use it on my bikemostly. I just want to know if the two(M111D & LM15) will work together.

Yes......It would be absolutely HUGE on my XD45......

Size15's

Flashaholic
The parts are not interchangeable, sorry.

Depending on your firearm make/model you may have just enough clearance to install a Millennium TurboHead onto the Millennium Series Handgun WeaponLight (generically known as the M101).
Even if there was technically clearance I bet the bezel would get messed up pretty quick as a result of the weapon being fired.
Also, the M101 is heavy as is - installing a KT4 would only make matters worse.

Here's a photo I grabbed from an old discussion on the subject

The reason why you can not use an M500 Series Lamp Module on a Millennium Series Handgun WeaponLight housing is because the M101 Series does not use the MB10 battery carrier like the M500A and M50AB do.
I also don't think the Lamp Module Adapter Collar threads are the same diameter but I don't have means to check.
It doesn't matter because you can't install the MB20 battery carrier used by the M6 and M500B.

Last edited:

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Just to add some points for your consideration in relation to your legoing exercise:

1. Weight, it is not just because it is heavier, but with your Springfield being a polymer frame, polymer frames are particularly sensitive to stoppages caused from the frame being flexed under recoil from the weight. Sure the older mounts were designed with this in mind, but it is still a consideration, especially considering the extra weight. I can't say being so front heavy would help you balance / ergonomics wise either ;) .

2. Barrel clearance, enough said but you REALLY don't want to cut it close there ;) not to mention the amount of area that is exposed for Carbon to build up on the lens being right at the point of exit at the barrel.

3. IMHO you are at the practical limit using the MN11 bulb as far as effective light needed for a pistol. I'd suggest if you really feel you need more light or throw than 225 lumens, buy a M6, and use it as a handheld in conjunction with the pistol. If you're planning a night time trip to the metallic silhouette range perhaps you may need more throw ;)

4. Holster fit may not be a concern, but just in case good luck on that one :)

5. Tim I give you an A+ for effort :) . I presume you don't intend to be using this setup as a duty or service pistol. If that is the case however please ignore my other logical considerations and allow me to send you to the time out corner to give you time to think things through :twak: :nana: :lolsign:

Hope i've been able to help, and my above post is meant to be light hearted :santa:

Legoing is certainly fun isn't it :)

Last edited:

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Very True Al :)

I will use it on my bikemostly. I just want to know if the two(M111D & LM15) will work together.

Yes......It would be absolutely HUGE on my XD45......

However because Tim still had the XD on the table (especially being a polymer frame) I thought it best to talk a bit about the practical aspects i'd put aside in my first post :)

Last edited: