China Lights and Lead?

Alero

Enlightened
I was looking at my cheap $22 DX light last night (it's a knock-off of the SF 6PD with P4 LED by Trustfire) and looking at the annodizing.
Anyone else ever wonder how many of those "annodozing" jobs contain lead?
I know I've got several other VERY cheap China-made lights that have paint jobs (not annodizing) and wondering if I should keep them away from kids or just throw them out (after salvaging the switches, LEDs, o-rings, etc...).

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's kind of amusing that people are more worried about lead paint than lithium battery issues. Not that we should go crazy over lithium batteries, but I'm really not worried about lead at all such as we encounter it.

guyg

Newly Enlightened
I'm with everyone else on this. Are your kids small enough to chew on everything?? if so .. you probably already keep stuff under control.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dangit... good point. I should stop eating made in china lights.

Seriously though washing hands before eating a meal solves a lot of problems imo.

Gaffle

Enlightened
I like the good ole USA lights even more now. Lead may not be used in the process, but who knows what other contaminates are. Then again, I am not a mouther. I have enough headlamps...

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
coworkers look at me like I'm crazy when I pull out stainless Steel fork and knife to eat donuts with..:candle:

If I ever see you in person, I too will look at you like you're crazy. I'll know if I see you, you'll be the one eating donuts with a fork.

Anyway, nearly all flashlights are anodized and there's virtually no dye used in anodizing that uses lead.

There's much more damgerous things to worry about.