Novatac EDC with EDC-P tail cap?

sawlight

Enlightened
Ok, I am thinking about biteing the bullet, I REALLY REALLY like these lights!!! My problem is I don't really care about the complex programing and added features of the P model, and I really don't like the extended switch on the plain and T model's. Is it possible to get the basic with the P tailcap so it doesn't protrude, and will tail stand?

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P model need only be as complex as you want it to be. You can spend a couple of minutes when you get it setting it up how you want it (perhaps even exactly the same as the basic model) and then never change the settings.

Regards,
Tempest

crjfo

Newly Enlightened
I would agree I just got a new 120p and it is great. Once you set it up the way you like you can disable the ramping and options menu and not even worry about accidentally changing it. Then if you do decide to change it you simply do a reset and it is programable again. Since they are the same price and you like the P tailswitch I can't see any reason whatsoever to get anything other than the P model.

gunga

Flashaholic
The tailcaps are swappable. I swapped out to get a tactical tail on my 120P.

If you get an EDC model, with the standard tactical tail, I know of someone who will swap out for a flat tail cap.

I had both. I like the extra levels prommable into the P model, but the stock level are very good too.

10-42-85/120 lumens and emergency strobe.

Just no low low.

cslinger

Enlightened
Remember, out of the box they are set up ready to go pretty much just like the basic ones are. You have the option to change one of a million different things but you do not have to.

An out of the box P model will give you medium on one click, a slighly lower level on a double click, a low low level on a triple click and maximum high by either holding the button down from on or a click click/hold to lock it into high mode. These should all be the same a as a basic.

Chris

sawlight

Enlightened
Remember, out of the box they are set up ready to go pretty much just like the basic ones are. You have the option to change one of a million different things but you do not have to.

An out of the box P model will give you medium on one click, a slighly lower level on a double click, a low low level on a triple click and maximum high by either holding the button down from on or a click click/hold to lock it into high mode. These should all be the same a as a basic.

Chris

That makes it a lot more apealing!!!!
Thanks for the input guys!!!

lyte~speede

Newly Enlightened
I just received a t-type tailcap switch for my 120p from NovaTac direct. --$24.60 shipped to CA. GREAT tactile sensation and fits my hand a little better. I just wanted to compare for myself; now I have both options. The main benefit with the flat switch is tailstand capability. Oh,...the new t-type switch proudly proclaims "Made In USA"--love it. And if anybody wants to know, the finish of the new switch is a great match to the original body.

To the origianl poster--trust us and get a 120P.

Cheers

Grumpy

Enlightened
Sawlight,

I have a 120p in mint condition that I will sell you for a little less than what I paid for it. It is in mint condition. I have the original box and instruction manual.

Try it out for 2 weeks and see if you like it. If not I will refund your money 100%. If it remains in the same condition. You would have to pay for shipping
with insurance however.

I love the light but could use the money now and I won a Mr. Bulk DragonHeart flashlight in the naming contest and it should not be much longer before I get it.

I don't mind if you send it back if you don't like it. I can just sell it later if I have to.

Postal0311

Newly Enlightened
Sawlight,

I have a 120p in mint condition that I will sell you for a little less than what I paid for it. It is in mint condition. I have the original box and instruction manual.

Grumpy, if Sawlight doesn't take up your offer, I will.

Grumpy

Enlightened
Grumpy, if Sawlight doesn't take up your offer, I will.

I will give Sawlight a few more days to consider this offer just in case he has not seen it.

Where are you located?

I ship with insurance and if you decided that you don't like it, I would require you to ship with insurance also. If you are located overseas this could be expensive. I am located in the United States in Abingdon, Va.

Thanks

sawlight

Enlightened
Sawlight,

Try it out for 2 weeks and see if you like it. If not I will refund your money 100%. If it remains in the same condition. You would have to pay for shipping
with insurance however.

I love the light but could use the money now and I won a Mr. Bulk DragonHeart flashlight in the naming contest and it should not be much longer before I get it.

I don't mind if you send it back if you don't like it. I can just sell it later if I have to.

WOW!! Thank you for the offer Grumpy!!
I am going to have to pass riht now, it's close to Christmas and Mama is watching my spending like a Hawk right now!! I am not in a huge hurry anyway, so i probably wont be until January before I do anything. Unless I work a lot of overtime, like I am getting ready to do:twothumbs
It's back up for grabs, enjoy the light guys, seems like a very reasonable deal to me!

Grumpy

Enlightened
WOW!! Thank you for the offer Grumpy!!
I am going to have to pass riht now, it's close to Christmas and Mama is watching my spending like a Hawk right now!! I am not in a huge hurry anyway, so i probably wont be until January before I do anything. Unless I work a lot of overtime, like I am getting ready to do:twothumbs
It's back up for grabs, enjoy the light guys, seems like a very reasonable deal to me!

Just trying to help you decide if you liked one of these lights so that you would not be stuck with something that you did not like.

I would bet that you would like one of these if you ever get one.

PM sent to Postal0311

sawlight

Enlightened
Thanks again!! I am sure I will love it when I get one, and re-selling it won't be an issue!!!!!
Just need to save my pennies for a bit.

TCW 60

Newly Enlightened
I just received a t-type tailcap switch for my 120p from NovaTac direct. --$24.60 shipped to CA. GREAT tactile sensation and fits my hand a little better. I just wanted to compare for myself; now I have both options. The main benefit with the flat switch is tailstand capability. Oh,...the new t-type switch proudly proclaims "Made In USA"--love it. And if anybody wants to know, the finish of the new switch is a great match to the original body.

To the origianl poster--trust us and get a 120P.

Cheers

How did you order there and do they ship internationally?

lyte~speede

Newly Enlightened
tcw-60/michael

--Bought direct from NovaTac (Arizona, USA). Their contact data is located on both web site and your instructuon manual that came with your light. --No idea if they ship int'l--Can't see why not though. Great guys. They JUST started to sell this option this past week though many of us have been anticipating it for some time.