RaidFire From Edge TAC

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edge TAC has not distributed to the public their Nite Core AA light.....Now come the RaidFire.

RaidFire, CPF Market Place

6.jpg

RobStar

Newly Enlightened
Looks cool. what's the advantage of using the 2400mAH 18650 Li-ion battery? They seem expensive.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
RobStar, welcome to CPF. I recommend you do some research on Lithium Ion batteries. Plenty of research available on CPF. For example to a search for CPF member AW, and look at some of his threads on LiIon's. Check out the battery, elecronics forum on CPF. I use a single 18650 rechargeable LiIon to power my Surefire KL5. Some use the 17670 LiIon to power their KL5's and KL4's, which will fit the L5 and L4 bodies.

Bill

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
Looks cool. what's the advantage of using the 2400mAH 18650 Li-ion battery? They seem expensive.

18650 LiIon's are great, they have quite a bit more energy capacity than 2 RCR123 rechargeables and are nearly the same size (about the same length and 1-2mm wider). You can buy them for as cheap as ~$3.50 at DealExtreme and KaiDomain (protected cells are about $5). AW sells some better ones, but I've had good results with the cheaper ones as well.

aceo07

Enlightened
Too bad the actual product, pictured in their marketplace thread, doesn't look like the computer rendering.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
18650's are great, but I wouldn't fool around with cheap ones, get AW's protected, less chance of your light turning into a pipe bomb.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
:eek: With a second light being offered I hope Nitecore..raidfire..or whatever " paypal first please " light sales they conjure up they begin to deliver and soon,it's my guess though we will see a third offering or maybe a fourth before the first one is shipped. It's my opinion things could turn out rather messy here "I hope I am wrong".

RainerWahnsinn

Enlightened
@Titan

believe me, I understand what is on your mind these days. What makes me kind of save feeling is that your TadGear and in Europe our flashlightshop is on the dealerslist. They could not be wrong!? (hope so)

Rainer

cat

Enlightened
Anyone can make a mistake.
The dealers don't have stock. They wanna make bux like we wanna save bux.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Titan

believe me, I understand what is on your mind these days. What makes me kind of save feeling is that your TadGear and in Europe our flashlightshop is on the dealerslist. They could not be wrong!? (hope so)

Rainer
RainerWahnsinn,My worry is not just for myself I worry for everone who is drawn into this,but remember the Nitecore Defender was promised delivery nov end "that may happen" but I think it is a big ask,what with Christmas coming up "in the UK the date for getting items posted locally in time for Christmas is the 19th Dec" let alone over seas.

On a normal day it can take 3weeks from China!
Now the Raidfire,sales start 21st Nov to 10TH Dec and they are saying "quote" The special price offered in this pre-order activity include the shipping cost by Registered Air Mail from HongKong Post (if by EMS, please add extra USD15). We will deliver the products pre-ordered here in early December; hopefully the lights will be able to reach you before Christmas! My point is do not put all your hopes on getting Either before Christmas thats all :thumbsup:

Last edited:

whc

Enlightened
Well I am in for one, but am holding PayPal until I get my Defender, that I have pre-paid fore like 350 others. If it turns up here late this month or beginning of next month, I am defiantly getting one of these RaidFire :).

IcantC

Enlightened
They seem to have actaully production pictures, so seems like they have/are working on it.

Anways moving along... I wonder how far it throws and if it beats the DBS? Can't wait to see beamshots and throw pictures.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm gonna give this one a miss.
I have a 18650 Cree thrower from DX already, and another one on its way. They are certainly less efficient, but efficiency counts a lot more with weeny AA cells than with beefy 18650s.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be surprised if it beat the DBS, I think it's a smaller light, but we'll see. They gave a LUX of 22,000, and we don't know if their meter reads high or low. My meter reads low compared to other LUX results I see and my DBS is in the 26,000LUX range.

However, is this light is more around the size of a Surefire 6P, Dereeligth CL1H, Lumapower M1, etc, then it could be the best thrower in that size range.

Taepo

Newly Enlightened
Pretty much, exactly same dimensions as a Tiablo A9S.
Would have liked this light to be more compact, closer in size to a D-Mini with 18650 ext tube.

According to Edgetac, we are looking at 22000lux @ almost 2 hours.
The Tiablo A9S was tested at 19000lux @ almost 3 hours.

I guess the question to consider when going for the Raidfire over the Tiablo:
-Would you want a 15% increase in light for 50% decrease in runtime, but at a 30% lower price (assuming you get the Raidfire for $80) ???

Of course percentage calcs are rough estimates, but you get the idea.
Also, no mention of the Raidfire running on 2 CR123 or 2 RCR123. This might make the light less versatile than the Tiablo.

Anyway, I reserved mine at $70.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to Edgetac, we are looking at 22000lux @ almost 2 hours.
The Tiablo A9S was tested at 19000lux @ almost 3 hours.

Were those readings from the same meter? If not, they are irrelevant as LUX meters can vary greatly.

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
Well I am in for one, but am holding PayPal until I get my Defender, that I have pre-paid fore like 350 others. If it turns up here late this month or beginning of next month, I am defiantly getting one of these RaidFire :).

Yep thats what I will do, when I get the first light they get paypal for the second.

taiji

Enlightened
+1 ^

I already have a thrower in the DBS but the form factor (if the computer rendering is made true) is crazy sweet. In at seventy is a kicker.