• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mag Monster Throw Drop-Ins from Elektrolumens - 1 and 3 leds

Zot

Enlightened
Wayne at Electrolumens has just come out with 2 different Mag lite drop ins.
http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi

They are designed for 3D mags and are available in a single led model , $49.99 (200 lumens) and a 3 led model, $99.99 (600 lumens).

They look pretty sweet. More info on them here:
http://www.illuminationforums.com/IlluminationForums/forumdisplay.php?f=58

DropIn-1.3.jpg

DropIn-1.1.jpg

MT-3.1.jpg

Last edited:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
ANy more info out there on these? Reviews? Beamshots? Beam characteristics?
I know this is a little premature, but I'm excited about this drop-in.

donn_

Flashaholic
I should be able to do beam shots before too long. It's leaving via Priority Mail today, so I should see it early next week.

I'll post a review in that forum.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
ANy more info out there on these? Reviews? Beamshots? Beam characteristics?
I know this is a little premature, but I'm excited about this drop-in.

I'll say a little bit here, as I don't think anyone has recieved their Monster Throw drop-ins yet.

I have done a lot of Maglite mods in the past, using from 1 to 6 LEDs, using 3W Luxeons, SSC P4 LEDs, K2 LEDs, and Cree LEDs. So far I personally like the SSC P4 best, and that is what I use primarily, these days.

Basically, for the MT-1 (Monster Throw I), it is appoximately pulling 1A, and with the bin USW0H, that would be a minimum of 200 lumens, probably 240, but 200 is a safe estimate. Using the 27mm reflector, it has a great narrow beam with plenty of side spill. I'll have to take some beam shots and put them on the web page. If you've seen a SSC P4 LED with the IMS 27mm reflector, then you know what it looks like. I typically measure around 5000 to 6000 lux from a single LED in this configuration.

The connect pin I make uses a stainless steel 440 bolt 3/4" long, and it has a natural built in resistance of about .3 ohms resistance. The first MT-1 I made has an additional resistor in it, .25 ohms, but I realized it is not needed, so I'm not adding in resistance. So you can use alkaline batteries or NIMH, your choice.

CPF members had been requesting I do a drop in mod for a Mag, for a very long time, and my creaion of the Monster Throw drop ins is a response to thes many requests. I just got this idea last week and decided to make one. It is so simple a design, but fully effective in converting a Mag to a powerful LED flashlight.

To install the MT-1 or MT-3, simply remove the head from the flashlight, take out the bulb and retainer and toss (or save if you ever want to convert back to stock), scrape off the anodizing from the end of the flashlight. Remove the reflector, install the Monster Throw drop in, replace the bezel and lens. Just screw the head back on, and you're done. Very easy and fast. Electrical grounding, and additional sinking passes directly from the drop in to the body. Heat sinking also is provided by the mass of aluminum in the head.

Wayne

Last edited:

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne: will the 3x SSC P4 drop-in feed ok on 9x NiMH AA?

thx

9AA in series, right? That's 10.8V. Not unless the LEDs were rewired in series.

The MT-1 and MT-3 are up for purchase on my web site shopping cart. It will take me up to or about 1 week to make them and ship. paypal or credit card are accepted. Don't know if it's okay to post a link, but, you can go to my main web site and follow pricing link to shopping cart. $3 flat charge for shipping, anywhere, domestic or international.

Wayne

Last edited:

racer7

Newly Enlightened
Still have an unshipped item paid for many months ago.
Think I'll wait
No more purchases of items not in inventory from this source
Racer7

pete7226

Enlightened
Will this work in a 2c body cut down for 1 of AW's c-cell's at 4.2 volts diminishing to say 3.7 or is 4.5 required?

Last edited:

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still have an unshipped item paid for many months ago.
Think I'll wait
No more purchases of items not in inventory from this source
Racer7

There is ton's of posting about this situation over at www.illuminationforums.com . You can take it up with me there, publicly, or, behind the scenes in emails or PM (my preference.) Please, send me an email. I don't think we should get into a long discussion about that here. It's very public, I'm working my way through things.

This is not a pre-sale I'm doing here, as previous. MT-1's and MT-3's ordered will ship next week by Friday. I'll stop orders if I get too many coming in.

Wayne

Last edited:

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beamshot comparing the MT-3 to the FireLion-III. The FireLion uses three SSC P4 LEDs, a 35mm Khatod Tri-optics, is approximately 580 lumens, and lux reading of 5,000+, and is more of a flood type beam. The MT-3 is similar in lumens, but beam is much narrower and lux reading higher at nearly 9,000 lux.

MT-3-FireLionIII-Beam-Comparison.jpg

Wayne

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Im keeping my eye on this thread.....

Is there any outdoor beam shots yet?

Looks to be a great drop-in...

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
Ordered two of the 3-led model....will be interesting to compare to the malkoff.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im guessing these are direct drive. If so, does that mean they can run off of one Li-ion?