need info for pila flashlight gl2

momonbubu

Newly Enlightened
i saw pila flaslight gl2 in BOG website, what do u think about this flashlight?
and what tipe of flashhead does this flashlight use? is it similar to surefire m60 head?

Giandi

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one with the Cree module. The module in mine is pure white and bright. It feels nice and well balanced in the hand and is very solid. It is too big and heavy for pocket carry and is meant to be carried in a holster - this thing is built like a bank vault. The beam is extremely nice with good spot and flood due to the slightly OP larger reflector for a small light.

The light is very high quality and nothing feels cheap on this light. The switch is a bit hard to push but prevents accidental activation. These lights were made to handle the larger 18650 cells easily. I only use the 18650 cell and it runs a long time with lots of output. The only slight drawback is that the supplied module is only regulated when using 2 CR123 cells. However, the output with the 18650 stays pretty flat for several hours due to the discharge curve of the cell itself. I think there are aftermarket dropins available that offer several options.

momonbubu

Newly Enlightened
thanks 4 the info regulator, but could u tell me what drop in module does this flashlight can fit?
i really like the look of this baby, but i want it brighter :thumbsup:

Giandi

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry I cannot say for sure which dropins fit. There is a lot of information out there and it gets confusing on which fit perfectly or may need minor modification.

I would talk to one of the dealers for suggestions. A few come to mind - BOG, PTS, Lighthound, Batteryjunction to name a few in no particular order (I hope I did not leave any out). These are dealers on CPF and are all very reliable with good knowledge.

You will also need to know if you intend to use only 1 18650 battery or 2 CR123's for best results.

BTW - The Pila charger is a very well made charger and I think it is of higher quality than some of the generic ones out there. I believe it also has a little higher output capacity to charge the larger 18650 cells a bit faster.

momonbubu

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I cannot say for sure which dropins fit. There is a lot of information out there and it gets confusing on which fit perfectly or may need minor modification.

I would talk to one of the dealers for suggestions. A few come to mind - BOG, PTS, Lighthound, Batteryjunction to name a few in no particular order (I hope I did not leave any out). These are dealers on CPF and are all very reliable with good knowledge.

That would be apreciated, thanks regulator.

i read in one of cpf's thread that this pila flashlight use the same p60 surefire head, anybody can confirm this?

Thanks

greenLED

Flashaholic
It depends. If you're using the incan lamp the answer is "no" (but the discharge curve of li-ions is fairly flat). If you're using the LED drop-in, that's another story.

Latest posts