Fenix Rebel 100 EO Dart

Marduke

Flashaholic
For just a tad longer, you can get a Rebel 80 or Cree Q4 LOD CE. Runtime in a single mode light though would simply depend on how you wanted to drive the LED.

Bearcat

Enlightened
For just a tad longer, you can get a Rebel 80 or Cree Q4 LOD CE. Runtime in a single mode light though would simply depend on how you wanted to drive the LED.

Oh, don't change anything about the Dart, except put a Rebel in and let it rip. I would love a simple extra long run-time single mode key-chain flashlight without the SOS and Flash modes.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Oh, don't change anything about the Dart, except put a Rebel in and let it rip. I would love a simple extra long run-time single mode key-chain flashlight without the SOS and Flash modes.

You might have better luck with the E1 in such a mod, but I'm sure someone with the skills could manage to do either.

Bearcat

Enlightened
Well, I was hoping for something very simple and small that put out around 11 lumens for 8-10 hours before going into moon mode. The E1 3 hour run-time is too short for me and the lumens would be around 24.

Why would it be easier to put a Rebel into a E1 than a EO?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Why would it be easier to put a Rebel into a E1 than a EO?

I believe so, as the E0 uses a 5mm LED, and the E1 uses a Nichia Power LED.

If you want just 11 lumens for ~9 hours, you may have better luck with putting a Nichia DS LED into the E0. It would be a much easier swap.

Bearcat

Enlightened
I believe so, as the E0 uses a 5mm LED, and the E1 uses a Nichia Power LED.

If you want just 11 lumens for ~9 hours, you may have better luck with putting a Nichia DS LED into the E0. It would be a much easier swap.

You're a step ahead of me, that was my next question. It seems like Fenix would counter Arc's new Nichia DS by putting a Nichia DS in their EO. The price of the Nichia DS is only pennies more than the CS, so the price should not change much or any at all.