1st SF 6PD

Wmpy

Newly Enlightened
I got my 1st SF lite. A 6PD. WOW!!!:twothumbsNow I am planning to put a drop in module in it and try to run it on rechargables.
I need advice. I am looking for a cheep drop-in like the $12 ones at DX. What is the best set-up for batteries? A 17670 or a pair of 16340's? Am planning on snagging a Malkoff down the road. I have read AW has good batteries.
Point me in the right direction.:thinking:

jbviau

Enlightened
Congrats! Keep in mind that the Malkoffs are only regulated from 3.8-9v (as opposed to from 3.7 up). A 17670 would fit perfectly in the 6PD but would only be regulated for a short time fresh off the charger until its voltage fell below 3.8v, at which point the light would drop out of regulation and run direct drive (i.e. not as bright). You might consider two of AW's rechargeable 123A batteries instead, or just use primaries.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Supertactical.com looks great for me, smooth spill and bright. I put mine in a 6PD as well! Tell supertactical about CPF membership in comment secton of order and see what happens!:D Q4 WB 1 stage running on 1 17650. 15 Bucks!
IMG_1378.jpg

:)